Daily Catch Up - Thursday 21 March | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Thursday 21 March

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news.

Chairman Simon Hallett spoke to Chris Errington about the playing budget for next season. ..
“I have told Derek what I’m going to propose to the board, which is Friday afternoon, and I have got dinner with him on Thursday night, so he now knows.

“Our goal is to be financially sustainable, and we are still not financially sustainable.
“I’m still putting money into the club. We are not operating on a financially sustainable basis, and probably won’t be next year.

“We have still got to finalise the budget, but that’s the goal. We are not quite there yet.”

Asked about his continued investment, Hallett said: “It’s not the money I mind. My goal is for the club to be financially sustainable.

“I don’t mind spending money, or investing money, but I really want the club to be financially sustainable.

“I’m 63, I’m mortal, if I get hit by a bus and we have got deficits the club is in trouble again, and we cannot have that happen.
“I’m a steward of this club and I’m not going to be around forever.
“I want to make sure that the club is in a better position when it passes from me than it was when I took it on, just as it was for James."

Former Argyle player and current Bristol Rovers coach Chris Hargreaves spoke about Saturday's game ....
"Obviously Graham's got a great affinity with the club and had a successful time there but it's a different time, he's now manager of a football club that needs results.

"You have to be professional and so will Plymouth be.
"It's a case of going there and concentrating on us, there's not going to be a big fanfare and thought process on that, it's just go there against a good side and try and perform well.

"It's very tight on the results but they're a good side, they've got some good players and Derek Adams has done a great job there over the years.

"We don't look too far ahead, we've got a couple of games in a short space of time, so it's just managing the bodies but everyone in the squad is raring to go and the competition for places is good.

"It will be good to go back to a former club for myself and Graham but the main focus is us."

Argyle’s current average home attendance of 9,530 is the 7th highest in League One, the average away attendance for travelling Argyle fans is 866 - the highest away attendance was 1,800 at Coventry City in August and the lowest was 255 for a Tuesday night game at Barnsley. Of the 19 away games played so far eight had over 1,000 Argyle fans including the first five consecutive away games.

The EFL have agreed to extend the summer transfer window until the end of August for League One and Two clubs after initially voting to close the transfer window on 8 August to bring lower league clubs in line with the Premier League and Championship.

You Tube video of Ruben Lameiras and Yann Songo'o visiting a local primary school .... link