Holloway in the Bristol Post | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Holloway in the Bristol Post

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I'm sure I remember an Argyle board member at the time (can't remember who though) saying he had an angry exchange with Holloway immediately after he left in which he said how he had let the club and the fans down to which Holloway replied "F*** the fans!".......

Just saying.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
How he went about it was wrong but he's right in saying the club couldn't match his ambition. I don't have any ill feeling toward him, it's been quite a while, he's stated he regrets it, I'm indifferent.

Aug 5, 2016
The club went on to sell Hayles, Ebanks Blake, Halmosi, Buzsaky, Gosling. (Did Seip's departure come later?)

What other manager would see their team gutted like that and stay when a much bigger club was coming in?

Whoever took over after that exodus was going to have a massive struggle to steady the ship. Holloway wrote to a fan and warned a firesale was on its way.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He tipped off Wolves about SEB's trigger clause. Shrew faced Bristolian rate!

When he left Home Park in a huff (he asked for double his wages by the way) he reversed into Tony Wrathall's Bentley. :facepalm:

Nov 6, 2011
Knibbsworth":31j8pyaq said:
The club went on to sell Hayles, Ebanks Blake, Halmosi, Buzsaky, Gosling. (Did Seip's departure come later?)

What other manager would see their team gutted like that and stay when a much bigger club was coming in?

Whoever took over after that exodus was going to have a massive struggle to steady the ship. Holloway wrote to a fan and warned a firesale was on its way.

We had to sell them though did we not?

Aug 5, 2015
Elsewhere people are complaining we donā€™t make enough money from local talent or from improving players. Make your effin mind up

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

It wouldn't surprise me if Holloway was the next manager in charge of Argyle.

Aug 5, 2015
Iā€™d be stunned! Fortunately the current owner is from Plymouth so would be unlikely to appoint someone who is widely perceived to have effed us and the city over. I know some people think heā€™s great but a good many donā€™t. I think Mr Hallett is savvy enough not to risk alienating a fair proportion of his fan base.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2i3adr2f said:
It wouldn't surprise me if Holloway was the next manager in charge of Argyle.

I'd say there are fewer who could be worse for the club.