Breakers yard

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Time to strip this team and more importantly, management team apart and try and salvage the scraps.

This old banger is almost blown yet the owner still refuses to replace key components.

A lick of paint and some new seats won’t change the incompetence of the person driving it and it won’t change the worm out, lack lustre, under performing moving parts.

It’ll cost money but it’s in limp mode. Keep running it and it’s going to blow in many irreparable pieces and suffer long term.

:furious:

Oct 10, 2012
Let’s just hope they are 4 worse teams than us come the end of season. Absolutely horrific season which started with a dreadful pre-season

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I am closer to wanting a change of management than I was in December. Adams clearly has difficulty getting the best out of a team of mostly average players. It might sound uncharitable but I don't think he deserves a great deal of credit for this season and last's miracle runs either. Poor.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Green_Matt":1i6t1e8y said:
I am closer to wanting a change of management than I was in December. Adams clearly has difficulty getting the best out of a team of mostly average players. It might sound uncharitable but I don't think he deserves a great deal of credit for this season and last's miracle runs either. Poor.
I think he went into arrears months ago for his efforts as manager. He has a catastrophic blind side to him of which he just can’t/won’t adjust to a situation.

You look at the big picture of players he’s lost whilst here and players he’s decided to bring in, staff that he’s rid and it looks like the posture of a man struggling immensely and pushing away people that may ask the question of him as to why what’s happening is happening.

A ‘you don’t like it then on your bike’ defiance that is leading us down a one way street of relegation.

I’m utterly utterly sick of questioning him now. I just want him to go. What’s even more frustrating is that I believe the board won’t take any action because they don’t have the confidence too given the job Adams does behind the scenes.

He should be relieved of all first team matters tonight. Up to him if he wants to remain in position on other football related matters but that first team needs to rid him and Wotton of any decision making matters.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The thing is, do we as fans now turn on the players during the last three matches to show our frustration and anger or we do get behind them, create an atmosphere for the last two home games, do our bit and help get the points needed? I prefer the latter.
Regroup and take stock when the season has finished.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
We have two games that you would say are winnable and one game against a top side where the lower expectation level might actually help the team. That's as positive as I can be. Trouble is we're on one of these dire runs that go on and on. Luckily our best players are playing but they need to start forcing the issue. Taylor needs to be starting games to breathe life into Carey and Lameiras, as well as offer that ability to defend from the front. It's obvious to anyone that we can't defend from the back.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":3fqgmybz said:
The thing is, do we as fans now turn on the players during the last three matches to show our frustration and anger or we do get behind them, create an atmosphere for the last two home games, do our bit and help get the points needed? I prefer the latter.
Players no. I’ll back them because I dont think they are to blame. I don’t think they are good enough but that’s not there fault. I fully support the players but won’t show support to Adams.

I think getting behind him would confuse the situation and give him a better chance of being here next season.

It’s a almost get relegated and have Adams gone or stay up by the skin of our teeth and have him here again next season. Both so so difficult and unpleasant.

Jun 27, 2006
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":18oe4cpd said:

I'm with you on that. No matter how pi**ed off we are, we have to get behind them.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The players are to blame as well. Some have been going through the motions, the away game at Oxford hasn't been forgotten when the players downed tools and there have been several individual mistakes that have happened regularly throughout the season. I suppose that's what a relegation threatened team looks like.

We are paying the price for a poor playing budget which the majority was spent on keeping players instead of bringing in quality players, a poor pre-season and a board placing too much expectancy and hope on Adams.
Adams has made mistakes but he isn't the only one.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Thanks to James Brent and the board they gave this man a 5 year deal. A deal which makes him almost unsackable.
Too many eggs in one basket.
Oh dear. what a sorry state we are in.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Tugboat":3r669ulf said:
Green_Matt":3r669ulf said:

I think he went into arrears months ago for his efforts as manager. He has a catastrophic blind side to him of which he just can’t/won’t adjust to a situation.

You look at the big picture of players he’s lost whilst here and players he’s decided to bring in, staff that he’s rid and it looks like the posture of a man struggling immensely and pushing away people that may ask the question of him as to why what’s happening is happening.

A ‘you don’t like it then on your bike’ defiance that is leading us down a one way street of relegation.

I’m utterly utterly sick of questioning him now. I just want him to go. What’s even more frustrating is that I believe the board won’t take any action because they don’t have the confidence too given the job Adams does behind the scenes.

He should be relieved of all first team matters tonight. Up to him if he wants to remain in position on other football related matters but that first team needs to rid him and Wotton of any decision making matters.

Ditto.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt after our 'miracle run' last season to turn things around but I honestly think he stumbled on that formula and then seemed to abandon it just as quickly. Then another dreadful start to this season and he should have been replaced before Christmas.

Another mini revival and people are fooled again but the writing was always on the wall for me after last season's awful finish. Yes he's on a mediocre budget but, the guy is so narrow minded, stubborn and tactically limited.

Please just go tonight Derek. I've had enough of your dreadful one dimensional football, your tactical ineptness, your stubbornness, your refusal to play our most creative players for reasons only known to yourself, your poor rapport with the fan base and your pathetic excuses after defeats.

Right now I feel as sick as a pig. :furious:

Oct 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":31olswfv said:

For the ninety plus minutes there should be nothing but vociferous, partisan support, the aftermath is the time to debate and question

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Posted this on match thread.

Today the manager' played a LB at RB again (ASB)...had a RB on bench (Moore) but subbed the LB playing at RB for a CB (Canavan) and moved the CB (Jones) who was selected ahead of Csnavan to RB so as player he had ousted from team could play CB

Says it all and we wonder why we are in a mess.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Whether we stay up or not I think some favourites will be leaving in the summer. Hopefully the manager can move on some of the flops too. The team is likely to look very different. Could be good or it could be bad but I cannot countenance another spell in League Two even if it means another four years of Adams. Relegation would be an appalling outcome from what could still be an opportunity for an extended break from that level, which the club desperately needs.