Daily Catch Up - Monday 22 April | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Monday 22 April

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news.

It's match day! 

Argyle 92,900 Twitter followers v Barnsley 116,000 Twitter followers.

Steve Martin is today's referee. 

Derek Adams spoke to the club website about the Barnsley game ....
“They’re a very good side, Barnsley, and I think they’ve done exceptionally well this season. They’ve come down from the Championship and they’re looking to go straight back up.

“I thought we played really well that night at Barnsley and we were unfortunate not to win the game with the performance we had.

“It’s a tough game for us, they’re up at the top of the table and doing really well this season, but we’ve got to deal with the games as they come along, and it’s about trying to fight for the three points.”

League One relegation related games being played today:
Bradford v Gillingham 
Wycombe v Walsall
Southend v Burton
Charlton v Scunthorpe 
Bristol Rovers v Rochdale 
Shrewsbury v Oxford 

Assistant manager Dale Tonge explains Barnsley's preparations for today's game ...
“We’ve done all our usual recovery in terms of ice bath, cool down on Saturday and a light session on Sunday. We took the load off the players with a change in preparation by flying down to give us less stress on the legs, less time on a coach and a change mentally for them. Although it’s only a few hours less, it’s something different for them to fly.

“It’s something the club recognised that we needed to prepare correctly, it was the right thing to do and hopefully the boys can do their jobs today and it justifies doing it this way.”

Team line-up v Barnsley: Letheren, Threlkeld, Edwards, Jones, Sawyer, Fox, Songo'o, Sarcevic, Carey, Lameiras, Taylor.
Subs: Macey, Smith-Brown, Canavan, Ness, Anderson, Ainsworth, Fletcher.

Argyle 0 - 3 Barnsley. Woodrow 15, Brown 21, Mowatt 28.

Attendance 10,898.
Match stats: Possession 41%/59%. Shots 10/17. On target 4/11. Corners 3/9. Fouls 10/14.

Derek Adams explains why striker Freddie Ladapo was missing against Barnsley. ...
“He came into the physio’s office yesterday and said he couldn’t train or play.
“He has got a calf and a groin injury so he ruled himself out.”

Barnsley match highlights

Defender Lloyd Jones spoke to the club website about the Barnsley game. ..
“I think that the first 15 minutes we were alright, but the first goal wiped us out a bit. We conceded again five minutes after, maybe, and that knocked the stuffing out of us.

“I just think that the goals, three sloppy goals really, killed us, and that was the game by half-time. That said, they’re not second in the league for no reason.
“I think, normally if you go 3-0 down against a good team in the league, it’s very hard to fight back. There’s no positive we can take out of it, but it could have been more. I think it was damage limitation in the second-half.

“It was a hard defeat to take, but I think if we’re really being honest, they were better than us today. But Accrington are right down there, and so are Scunthorpe. Coming in on loan for the last three months, I was surprised to see with the players in training every day that we’re down there, so we’ve just got to prove that in the last two games of the season.”

Derek Adams spoke to the club website about the game .....
 “It’s a difficult one because, to get ourselves back in the game, we would have had to score very quickly after the break and we didn’t do that. We also had to be aware we couldn’t concede any more goals.

"I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the Championship next year. Woodrow up front is excellent, he doesn’t just play up front, he comes in to holes to play in the midfield players, one goes forward, one goes deep, it wasn’t any surprise to us. They are just a very strong side.

“We had the opportunity to be Champions but we lost out on goal difference, so we know how important it is to not concede goals.”

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Wasn't at Home Park today, but having read so many comments about a number of players' attitudes, I wonder if a few know they're going elsewhere? In Ladapo's case, ignoring the rumours I have seen elsewhere on here, has he had enough too? a good goal record this season maybe he is lined up to move in the summer?