Scottish football | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Scottish football

Apr 6, 2009
We were up in Scotland last week so decided to go to a game
We went to Motherwell v Hamilton. Both teams played the exact style I see at argyle every week. 1 up front, defended very deep, 11 back at corners, .
perhaps Adams just can't leave the Scottish style behind. we spoke Peter Hartley and Craig tanner after and mentioned it and they thought the same

I can also see why Carey has mastered diving! the challenges were insane. at least 4 straight reds in England and all yellows. you have to be pretty spectacular just to get anything!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Interesting.

Adams did well in the upper reaches of Scottish football, which suggests SPL is EFL League 2 standard.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
How interesting. I made the exact same point on a different thread yesterday evening. I think it may be the key to the 'problem'. Not many of us will have seen Scottish football played outside of big games or the national side. I hope DA can learn and adapt...experience so far says that he will struggle.

Interesting. I watch a reasonable amount of Scottish football on free-to-air TV and the ex-Argyle players seem to perform quite well: Kennedy played very well at the weekend. Adams’ avoid-defeat playing style also seems to be favoured by many Scottish sides beneath the top two in each division.

In the Scottish league system, teams can finish surprisingly high up the league table with quite a few draws against mid-table opponents and narrow victories against those sides propping up the bottom of the division. The top two teams tend to pull away from the rest and soon become uncatchable. Dunfermline are currently fifth in the Championship at the moment, with only one more victory than relegation-threatened Patrick Thistle, who are ninth out of ten teams.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I’ve always considered the bottom half of the SPL to be low League One/Top League Two standard. Which is exactly where Adams has put us.

I think he is a competent manager at this level, despite this years shambles. But I do think his ceiling is middle of League One and he won’t take us any further.