✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I think it was at the Managers Q&A with the Senior Greens, or somewhere, that the comment was made that we are the last team in the FL using our current style of pitch.

I was wondering if anyone had seen anything about a new pitch this closed season? We seem to have had it resurfaced every year recently, but the implication was that it was now out of date.

Oct 31, 2015
The chairmen bought it up at one of the Q&As.

He stated it was old hat and we were one of the last EFL teams to use ir.
It was a surprise comment for me because I thought the pitch was state of the art. I suppose time and technology moves on.

I think we had it re layed the last 2 X summers so perhaps with money being so tight now it will stay down.

I wonder if the width will be put back into it?

Dec 3, 2005
The pitch as been excellant this season - it looked like the first match of the season rather then the last one on Saturday.

Well done to the Ground Staff.

The new seats in the Mayflower are some way away from the pitch, so maybe the pitch will be widened.

Jul 12, 2016
Why waste money on a new pitch when ours seems to be superior to most of the others in the division.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Looking at Webcam 1 atm, it looks in absolutely gorgeous condition. Anyone know if there's a match upcoming as they've just re-done the white markings, mowed a very smart pattern in the centre of the pitch and watered it?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":2c1gygmt said:
Looking at Webcam 1 atm, it looks in absolutely gorgeous condition. Anyone know if there's a match upcoming as they've just re-done the white markings, mowed a very smart pattern in the centre of the pitch and watered it?
I think there might be a supporters match on there tonight. There's also a couple of Community Trust games over the next couple of days.

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":3gcrkoa2 said:
Emeraldinho":3gcrkoa2 said:
I think there might be a supporters match on there tonight. There's also a couple of Community Trust games over the next couple of days.

Indeed there is a fans match tonight 7pm
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/april/fans-match-2019/

May 26, 2015
djg145":1bzzclns said:
The pitch as been excellant this season - it looked like the first match of the season rather then the last one on Saturday.

Well done to the Ground Staff.

The new seats in the Mayflower are some way away from the pitch, so maybe the pitch will be widened.

Agree 100% . The pitch must be widened and lengthened to its original dimensions,i.e. pre destruction by Adams

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
RochdaleGreen":2hk2xagh said:
Agree 100% . The pitch must be widened and lengthened to its original dimensions,i.e. pre destruction by Adams

As I said elsewhere they can't lengthen it without digging it up at both ends. The goal mountings were put in place before the current pitch was originally laid - 'twas shown on GoS. The width was reduced to accommodate the temporary fencing on the grandstand side whilst the rebuild is done. I would expect the width to be returned to normal once the grandstand is completed.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
RochdaleGreen":39rf2x0v said:

You know it wasn't the actual pitch that was shortened and narrowed by Adams, just the temporary white lines on it?

You have a serious bee in your bonnet about this. You must be aware that all managers change the dimensions of their pitch markings to suit their style of play, I assume previous Argyle bosses have done too. I 'think' you can only do it before the season starts, otherwise you'd be seeing the dimensions change on a game to game basis to hamper the opposition's style.

May 26, 2015
Biggs":1s3ss92e said:
RochdaleGreen":1s3ss92e said:

You know it wasn't the actual pitch that was shortened and narrowed by Adams, just the temporary white lines on it?

You have a serious bee in your bonnet about this. You must be aware that all managers change the dimensions of their pitch markings to suit their style of play, I assume previous Argyle bosses have done too. I 'think' you can only do it before the season starts, otherwise you'd be seeing the dimensions change on a game to game basis to hamper the opposition's style.

Yes I do have a bee in my bonnet on this issue, and you are wrong. It is not just the white lines. The acres of space on the Lyndhurst side are not proper turf, and I am seriously worried that it will not be possible to reinstate the correct dimensions. The wasted space seems to be a mish-mash of ground-up turf, possibly artificial turf, and nothing like the glorious playing surface.

On the Grandstand side of the ground, obviously, there has been a need for short-term measures, and I have no problem with that.

I make no apology for this bee in my bonnet. It has caused me great anguish for three years now and I am sick of it! And I really do mean anguish; I really hate Adams' destruction of our pitch, just because he doesn't know how to play wingers.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
RochdaleGreen":27umvnr5 said:
The acres of space on the Lyndhurst side are not proper turf, and I am seriously worried that it will not be possible to reinstate the correct dimensions. The wasted space seems to be a mish-mash of ground-up turf, possibly artificial turf, and nothing like the glorious playing surface.

When the current pitch was initially laid, the sides were extended using artificial turf and that is what the referee's assistants used to run on. This meant that the area run on continuously by them wasn't worn out.
The manager's areas were also artificial.

The crane putting in the new concrete steps for the grandstand seating is using that area for the extendable legs. It is concrete covered with artificial turf. The maximum dimensions of the pitch are governed by the concrete on either side, and the buried goalpost mounts.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
RochdaleGreen":1e9tflhj said:
Yes I do have a bee in my bonnet on this issue, and you are wrong. It is not just the white lines. The acres of space on the Lyndhurst side are not proper turf, and I am seriously worried that it will not be possible to reinstate the correct dimensions. The wasted space seems to be a mish-mash of ground-up turf, possibly artificial turf, and nothing like the glorious playing surface.

That was nothing to do with Adams.

He decided the pitch dimensions/markings, not the size of the ACTUAL grass pitch.

Also, the astro turf looks much better than the red asphalt there before.

May 26, 2015
Biggs and Argylegames

For crying out loud! Your memories are shocking. Here below is the link to the club's official website, where Adams confirms: "We have taken it in... It’s two metres shorter each way."

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2016/august/pitch-perfect/

Adams did it in 2016. It was nothing to do with the new Grandstand. It was nothing to do with concrete on either side. It was nothing to do with the positioning of the existing goalposts. He just shrank it, in his dictatorial style!

So let's have back the two metres either side in width, and the two metres either side in length.

I look forward to your apologies.