The corner between the new grandstand and Devonport ends | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The corner between the new grandstand and Devonport ends

Mar 14, 2009
I was just wondering if anyone knows if Argyle will do any work on this area.

I don’t mean structural work as such but just generally making it look better.

I look at the grandstand and it taking shape. The new buildings between the barn park end and the main grandstand look good too. So that takes care of that corner.

Yet l look to the right (if sitting in the lyndhurst stand) and it just made me wonder if Argyle had any cosmetic plans for this area?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yeah it looks a bit Chernobyl-y.

Whatever you do, don't suggest a mural :lol:

Jun 27, 2006
Plymouth
I think the biggest advantage of filling that corner would be to stop the south westerly winds blowing through. I believe that there are currently no plans in place to fill it however.

Sep 2, 2008
As we're on the subject of the new grandstand...I thought there was going to be an unobstructed view. By the looks of things the existing support pillars on the front face are going to remain. Does anyone know if this is the case or will they be cut out towards the end of the development?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It’s always been the case that they stanchions would stay.

It’s been discussed at least 20 times on here.

The alternative to this would cost over s million pound extra.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
IJN":3tu8vk7b said:
It’s always been the case that they stanchions would stay.

It’s been discussed at least 20 times on here.

The alternative to this would cost over s million pound extra.

A few sets of photos back GoS even showed the view from the back of the GS at both ends, showing the restricted view. Very unlikely that those seats would be sold until the rest of the ground is sold out. (Always a possibility once our new wunderkind manager takes over.)

C

Cult Of Personality

Would love to see a Screen place in that corner as a scoreboard and to see match highlights, Always think the home fans can put even more pressure on the ref if they seen an incident that the refs has missed as a highlight

Mar 23, 2019
I was watching Sky Sports News the other day and they were covering something on the MLS and behind their goal they had these really nice Marquees... I know this is hard to believe but they actually looked really smart!

I'll try and find which ground this is to show a picture, it wouldn't be too expensive to get something like that up and would cover the horrid site.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge of the MLS could help me out?

If not, potentially some big waterproof flags!

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Action Jackson":1bj9ht1v said:
I was watching Sky Sports News the other day and they were covering something on the MLS and behind their goal they had these really nice Marquees... I know this is hard to believe but they actually looked really smart!

I'll try and find which ground this is to show a picture, it wouldn't be too expensive to get something like that up and would cover the horrid site.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge of the MLS could help me out?

If not, potentially some big waterproof flags!

Do you mean like the covering of the upper tier of BC Place?

BC_Place_2011.jpg

Jul 12, 2016
And there was me thinking supporters went to Home Park to watch the football. Who gives a monkeys what the unfilled corners will look like. Wasting money on cosmetics in the last thing we need.

Mar 23, 2019
oldage":1zird8y4 said:
And there was me thinking supporters went to Home Park to watch the football. Who gives a monkeys what the unfilled corners will look like. Wasting money on cosmetics in the last thing we need.

Strangely enough going to watch Football in a nice place makes the whole experience a whole lot better.

Filled corners over time will generate more income, help retain the atmosphere and make the whole place look a lot smarter.

If you don't care what HP looks like then we may as well scrap the grandstand now?