R.I.P Gladys Grant | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Gladys Grant

D

David Grant

Gladys Grant, my mother, has passed away at 76 after a short illness.

She was a lifelong Green from a Green family – through the 50’s and 60’s she was fanatical. Her first ever job was selling Argyle lottery tickets. She was also heavily involved in local Speedway and Cricket, travelling all over the UK to see her favourites and teams.

In 1978 she took me to my 1st Argyle game – Carlisle away (a 1-1 draw Fred Binney penalty) and later the FA cup Semi at Villa Park. Whilst looking through her things we found the hand-knitted scarves she made for the occasion - magnificently terrible..

A long-term season ticket holder – she was there for our latest relegation and took it with long suffering reasonableness that only Argyle fans who have seen it all before can.

If you didn’t know her by name you may know her by description. She was the lady in the Wheelchair who always asked questions at at Senior Greens. She sat 4-5 row back near the centre of the Lyndhurst – crawling out of the chair to scramble up to her seat. She may have boinked you with her stick, if you blocked her view. One of the last to leave the ground each week.

She loved Johnny Williams, Luke McCormiack and Freddie Ladapo. She also attended a number of Argyle Ladies fixtures at Elburton.

She loved the club and the community it provided. She was involved in investing in the New Green Taverners Suite and to the end was wondering who would be our next manager.

She will be missed.

Her funeral will be at Weston Mill on the 6th June at 10:45

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
RIP Gladys. Condolences to you and your family David.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I remember Gladys when she worked as the admin officer at the Morley Youth Centre in Plymstock.
Always cheerful and friendly. A very brave and determined lady who persevered despite her disability.

RIP Gladys.

Feb 21, 2011
RIP Gladys, a wonderful lady with a great sense of humour i'll miss her chats through the window of the score hut.

Jul 12, 2018
Ivybridge
So very sorry to hear this David, Gladys was such a fantastic lady and scorer for us a Woodland Fort. I always miss seeing her at cricket and bumping into her at Somerset.

Take care of yourself

Ian Stone

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Very, very sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like she was a lovely lady with Argyle in her heart. It's fans like these our clubs are built on. I used to play against Woodland Fort regularly, so there's a chance I may have met your mother.

RIP Gladys .

NanGreenthing

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 22, 2010
Rest in peace Gladys, I will miss seeing you at Home Park and the Senior Greens, condolences to the family.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Condolences to Gladys' family.If it is the same lady i am thinking of, I would wait for her to get to her wheelchair at the bottom of the steps,but she would politely let me and my son go first,genuinely a nice lady.RIP.