Daily Catch Up - Friday 24 May | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Daily Catch Up - Friday 24 May

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news.

Ryan Lowe is set to be unveiled as Argyle's new manager today becoming the 41st appointment in the history of the club (not including caretaker managers).

Lowe's links to Argyle include being a team mate of David Fox at Crewe in 2015, getting sent off against Argyle in January 2018 and two of his last five games before retiring as a player were against Argyle.

Ryan Lowe's record as manager at Bury:
Caretaker manager over two spells, 25 games - won six, drawn nine, lost 10. Goals for 28, against 38.
As full manager, 56 games, won 28, drawn 13, lost 15. Goals for 113, against 79.
Total: Games 81, won 34, drawn 22, lost 25. Goals 141, against 117.

The last manager Argyle 'poached' from another club was Paul Sturrock from Swindon Town in 2007 where £200,000 compensation was paid. Previous to that Bobby Williamson was taken from Hibernian in 2004.

Probably the final betting odds for Argyle manager ...

Transfer rumours so far: 
Graham Carey to Coventry City.
Ruben Lameiras to Bordeaux.
Ryan Edwards to Blackpool, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Bradford, Bristol Rovers, Fleetwood, Peterborough and teams in the Scottish Premier League.
Jay Lynch - AFC Fylde keeper to Argyle.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
"
Site Manager":3mgu29k3 said:
The latest Argyle news.

Ryan Lowe is set to be unveiled as Argyle's new manager today becoming the 41st appointment in the history of the club (not including caretaker managers).

Lowe's links to Argyle include being a team mate of David Fox at Crewe in 2015, getting sent off against Argyle in January 2018 and two of his last five games before retiring as a player were against Argyle.
"

The last paragraph is not the best testimonial.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Naturally, I wish RL well in his new role and hope he brings success to the club but, for me, it's a 'meh' appointment fraught with risk. If Argyle have got this wrong then the consequences don't bear thinking about. I hope to Christ my misgivings are unfounded. :shifty:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Can I post an unequivocal positive, welcoming and enthusiastic greeting to our new Manager (if it is true)
Ryan Lowe, I suspect that we are not worthy :nworthy:

I also think you are a lucky man if you take this job. This club could be huuuuge!! in the right hands :scarf:

(Emeraldinho: I had reservations when Dadams was appointed. Do you know what, I kept them to myself.

As my old Granny (and more importantly: Thumper) used to say:
"If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. " :thumbdown:

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
With that goals-against record, he should tighten up our defence. Why does the board think having a modern, forward-thinking manager will bring success? Any statistics for this?

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Pogleswoody":2secqrpc said:
Can I post an unequivocal positive, welcoming and enthusiastic greeting to our new Manager (if it is true)

I also think you are a lucky man if you take this job. This club could be huuuuge!! in the right hands :scarf:

(Emeraldinho: I had reservations when Dadams was appointed. Do you know what, I kept them to myself.

And my I remind YOU that a) this is a discussion board for differing opinions ( a simple concept to grasp I'd have thought) and b) I dont believe I actually said anything derogatory about RL?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Emeraldinho":2cmf1t44 said:
Pogleswoody":2cmf1t44 said:

I also think you are a lucky man if you take this job. This club could be huuuuge!! in the right hands

And my I remind YOU that a) this is a discussion board for differing opinions ( a simple concept to grasp I'd have thought) and b) I dont believe I actually said anything derogatory about RL?

Meh!! ;)

Dec 21, 2015
Emeraldinho":2qin6ke5 said:
Naturally, I wish RL well in his new role and hope he brings success to the club but, for me, it's a 'meh' appointment fraught with risk. If Argyle have got this wrong then the consequences don't bear thinking about. I hope to Christ my misgivings are unfounded. :shifty:

Out of interest just who would be your stand out appointment?

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
If Ryan Lowe takes the job...it just reminds me of Pulis....who went back to Stoke when the opportunity arose.....when Bury sort themselves out...who is to say he won't return ?

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Blimey he hasn't been unveiled yet and we have the first suggestion he might be on his way!

I was half tempted to start a Lowe Out Thread.

:banghead:

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
TonyD":kyrqq26k said:
Emeraldinho":kyrqq26k said:

Holloway or, if the budget was available, Gouvennec.

Dec 21, 2015
Emeraldinho":sagud9lh said:
TonyD":sagud9lh said:
Emeraldinho":sagud9lh said:

Care to discuss just why Gouvennec floats your boat ?

Hardly set the world of management alight with his achievements or non achievements

And Holloway never achieved over 40% win ratio

May 16, 2016
TonyD":1ezg3tmm said:
Emeraldinho":1ezg3tmm said:
TonyD":1ezg3tmm said:
Emeraldinho":1ezg3tmm said:

Care to discuss just why Gouvennec floats your boat ?

Hardly set the world of management alight with his achievements or non achievements

And Holloway never achieved over 40% win ratio

French bloke has got an exotic / European sort of name, so he must be good.