Help for Bury (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Help for Bury (merged)

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
With Ryan Lowe seemingly to be appointed Argyle boss today, could we through Pasoti launch some kind of help for Bury staff who have not been paid, remembering the help we were given during our troubled times?
Fans there have been buying food vouchers for unpaid staff and could we make contact and make a contribution? From a purely selfish motivation alone it would be a great welcome to Home Park for the new gaffer and help motivate him (although I doubt it's needed) to get us off to a flyer.
I have no idea how to go about something like this but hopefully the powers that be at Pasoti could take this on board and I will get the ball rolling with a pledge of £50 to the help for Bury fund if one gets started.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Michael_Fleet":24sjxq6u said:
With Ryan Lowe seemingly to be appointed Argyle boss today, could we through Pasoti launch some kind of help for Bury staff who have not been paid, remembering the help we were given during our troubled times?
Fans there have been buying food vouchers for unpaid staff and could we make contact and make a contribution? From a purely selfish motivation alone it would be a great welcome to Home Park for the new gaffer and help motivate him (although I doubt it's needed) to get us off to a flyer.
I have no idea how to go about something like this but hopefully the powers that be at Pasoti could take this on board and I will get the ball rolling with a pledge of £50 to the help for Bury fund if one gets started.

Fine. As long as it goes to non playing low-waged staff and goes via Nicky Adams and as far away from their Chairman as possible.
IJN has done this sort of thing before and will offer advice I'm sure. .
I'm happy to contribute but I too am now a retail wage slave (takes me 70,000 hours to get what Gareth Bale gets in 168 hours!).

Oct 31, 2015
Michael_Fleet":2qfiuv7d said:

I would donate to the none playing staff as they keep the club running whilst trying to pay their bills. The players don't normally give a poo about a club although I accept there will be a couple of exception's.

Jan 2, 2010
Pogleswoody":nc46zsy6 said:
Michael_Fleet":nc46zsy6 said:

Fine. As long as it goes to non playing low-waged staff and goes via Nicky Adams and as far away from their Chairman as possible.
I'm happy to contribute but I too am now a retail wage slave (takes me 70,000 hours to get what Gareth Bale gets in 168 hours!).

Ate you kidding me? I bet Gareth Bale would still borrow your Tesco staff discount card to save a few quid.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Shadowknight":3vabniud said:
Pogleswoody":3vabniud said:
Michael_Fleet":3vabniud said:

Ate you kidding me? I bet Gareth Bale would still borrow your Tesco staff discount card to save a few quid.

We can get laver bread but you have to order it.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
I bear no ill will to Bury Football Club, to their employees and certainly not the fans, in fact I quite like Bury because I think they are a “proper” club. But whilst I sympathise with their predicament, I don’t feel inclined to offer them any financial assistance either, there are numerous more worthy causes.

There is a certain irony here in that their present financial difficulties are probably due to them living above their financial means in assembling the squad which got them promoted.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good ground and good fans and as you said a 'proper' club.

Apr 5, 2008
rsp4":co9g512o said:
Michael_Fleet":co9g512o said:

I would donate to the none playing staff as they keep the club running whilst trying to pay their bills. The players don't normally give a poo about a club although I accept there will be a couple of exception's.

:facepalm: I can think of thousands of more worthy causes in the world to hand over 50 quid than a football club who it appears have been living above their means,which has caused this problem in the first
place.Try living in the real world if you think it’s a good idea.Unbelievable post

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
moles40":3uua8piz said:
:facepalm: I can think of thousands of more worthy causes in the world to hand over 50 quid than a football club who it appears have been living above their means,which has caused this problem in the first
place.Try living in the real world if you think it’s a good idea.Unbelievable post

Blimey, good job the fans of Brighton didn't think like that when they rushed to help us our of our own "Darkest Hour"

Short memories eh?

tonycholwell":25dioll2 said:
moles40":25dioll2 said:

Blimey, good job the fans of Brighton didn't think like that when they rushed to help us our of our own "Darkest Hour"

Short memories eh?

Agreed, unbelievable.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep. We needed all the help we could get in our darkest hour.

There's no difference between what we tried to do and what Bury have done.