New laws | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New laws

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Hope this can be left on main board during summer.

Lots of changes although some are just new interpretations really.

Had heard about the subs one before. The drop ball sounds as though it will improve things. The free kick wall change will be interesting. Guess teams will need to judge whether more in the wall is better.

Football's new laws: Backpasses, penalties, handballs and subs -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382254

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
This gets a thumbs up from me:

Substitutions

A player who is being substituted must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline or byeline - unless the referee says he can leave quickly at the halfway line - or elsewhere for safety or injury reasons.

This change is to stop players time-wasting. Any player who "infringes the spirit of this law" will be booked for unsporting behaviour.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Keepitgreen":1hbhvvof said:

Substitutions

A player who is being substituted must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline or byeline - unless the referee says he can leave quickly at the halfway line - or elsewhere for safety or injury reasons.

This change is to stop players time-wasting. Any player who "infringes the spirit of this law" will be booked for unsporting behaviour.

At last! Long overdue.

Oct 31, 2015
Keepitgreen":1id0ys5f said:

Substitutions

Good law :thumbup:

Jul 29, 2010
rsp4":25hkfll5 said:
Keepitgreen":25hkfll5 said:

Substitutions

Agreed. The 2nd most irritating act for me, hopefully now eradicated.

Most annoying I find is delaying a free kick by standing in front of the ball, it is utterly endemic. No-one ever seems to get booked for not retreating indeed players often race to stand there and prevent a quick kick forwards. If they simply enforced the current rules EVERY time it happened there may be an initial rash of sendings off but it would quickly become a futile act to do it.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I would like to have goal kicks taken from the side where the ball went out,instead of the goalie walking all the way around the back of the goal to the other side,time wasting.

Jul 29, 2010
Ooh, I like that idea. These few seconds here and there add up in a game.

Mark58":76dmk8zz said:
My head hurts... :eh:
Yeah, it is a bit of a slog. My thoughts on reading it were 'if these are just peripheral changes, how dry must reading the entire rule book be?'.

A smidgen of respect and a new found appreciation of the mental gymnastics refs must go through each game.

A simple game with very few rules?, not any more it ain't :crazy:

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Don't forget accidental handballs that lead to goals will be disallowed and a free kick given that could lead to all manner of deception

Ball not having to leave the penalty area from goalkicks will be interesting too

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
X Isle":3k4cofvh said:
rsp4":3k4cofvh said:
Keepitgreen":3k4cofvh said:

Substitutions

Agreed. The 2nd most irritating act for me, hopefully now eradicated.

Most annoying I find is delaying a free kick by standing in front of the ball, it is utterly endemic. No-one ever seems to get booked for not retreating indeed players often race to stand there and prevent a quick kick forwards. If they simply enforced the current rules EVERY time it happened there may be an initial rash of sendings off but it would quickly become a futile act to do it.

As part of the same 'tactic' is an opposition player picking up the ball and moving away with it or feigning to take it/throw it to the ref. Often throwing it over the player waiting to take the kick. Also when an Argyle player rolls a ball towards the correct position, an oppo player will kick it/backheel it away or just stop or divert it. Easy rule to enforce. Once the whistle goes an oppo player cannot touch the ball. Breach either a booking or (better) a ten yard advance forward of the kick.
Why do refs just watch this stuff happening? :think:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
One rule I would like added is that when a team wins a corner, the base of the ball has to be INSIDE the corner area.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The drop ball changes are about time. It is so frustrating when a team supposedly are returning the ball to the opponents but it is never in the area of the field where they had an advantage.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Emu":1clt74xg said:
One rule I would like added is that when a team wins a corner, the base of the ball has to be INSIDE the corner area.

Everywhere else the WHOLE of the ball determines whether it is in or out of an area of the pitch so why should they change it for a corner kick? How would any change be of any benefit to the game?

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":3ok2szv4 said:
Emu":3ok2szv4 said:

Everywhere else the WHOLE of the ball determines whether it is in or out of an area of the pitch so why should they change it for a corner kick? How would any change be of any benefit to the game?

Exactly. What would be the point? A rule that needs to come in and I understand is being trialled is the sin bin. Works perfectly well in rugby.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3skga0xl said:
Lundan Cabbie":3skga0xl said:
Emu":3skga0xl said:

Exactly. What would be the point? A rule that needs to come in and I understand is being trialled is the sin bin. Works perfectly well in rugby.

My fear with sin bins is the likelihood of teams just parking the bus until they are back to eleven on the pitch.