Jurgen Klopp To Give A Lending Hand | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jurgen Klopp To Give A Lending Hand

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
According to this morning's Sun Jürgen Klopp wants to help out 'pal' Ryan Lowe with a couple of loan players.

Apparently the pair struck up a friendship after Klopp complimented Lowe about us team's playing style.

Also, it states Lowe is looking to bring down forward Danny Mayer from his old club.

Sounds interesting.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Well if its in the Sun.....

Aug 20, 2014
No way will Danny Mayor follow Lowey to the Argyle. He's settled in the NW, nr. Preston, and he and his partner had a baby around April. V. much doubt he'll be with us next season, after 5 years, but I'm sure he'll have plenty of offers from local(ish) clubs which won't involve him uprooting his young family to the SW. He's well represented in the below youtube link for our goal of the season nominations so you know what you'd be getting in the unlikely event.... For the record it was the O'Connell volley that won it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1upCyK8Rfk

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I don’t think there’s anything in this much.

It’ll be the same as any other club looking to loan out players for development. They will look at the manager and his style of play together with the club and if they can help develop and improve the loan player as a whole.

I’m not buying into some sort of ‘best buddy’ favours because they know and like each other.

It’ll be a mutual agreement between clubs and players.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Shaker1":1gb8pyuz said:
No way will Danny Mayor follow Lowey to the Argyle. He's settled in the NW, nr. Preston, and he and his partner had a baby around April. V. much doubt he'll be with us next season, after 5 years, but I'm sure he'll have plenty of offers from local(ish) clubs which won't involve him uprooting his young family to the SW. He's well represented in the below youtube link for our goal of the season nominations so you know what you'd be getting in the unlikely event.... For the record it was the O'Connell volley that won it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1upCyK8Rfk

Some cracking goals in there to be fair. Mayor involved in most of them!

Aug 5, 2016
Liverpool have much closer clubs to loan players to, where they can scout them, have them back for training, and not have to move for. Sending players to Plymouth doesn't make sense.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Knibbsworth":23pnxr49 said:
Liverpool have much closer clubs to loan players to, where they can scout them, have them back for training, and not have to move for. Sending players to Plymouth doesn't make sense.

If I was Jurgen Klopp, the style of play would trump all those things.

No point sending a player to watch the ball sail over his head, whereas sending someone to Argyle will mean you're getting a youngster into a big stadium environment, on a great pitch, playing your kind of football and having someone who shares your philosophy overseeing his development.

Oct 16, 2016
I’m rather friendly with an ex Liverpool Echo journalist who now works for Goal.com, never read The S*n nor would wipe my arris with it, I’ll ask him albeit I’ve also had a chat with my pals in Formby and L4 who know Lowe and the link isn’t as fanciful as one may think

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
The Sun is the worst of all papers but ultimately anyone reporting anything in newspapers or similar are not to be believed. Chris Errington is no exception either, just mindless journalism aiming arrows hoping to hit something, but realistically they'll miss by a mile.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Biggs":3gqp45fp said:
Knibbsworth":3gqp45fp said:

If I was Jurgen Klopp, the style of play would trump all those things.

No point sending a player to watch the ball sail over his head, whereas sending someone to Argyle will mean you're getting a youngster into a big stadium environment, on a great pitch, playing your kind of football and having someone who shares your philosophy overseeing his development.
Actually, our relative remoteness could be seen a s a positive. Some of these young lads are already on silly money and have the glamour of being a footballer at a big club which can easily go to their heads. Wouldn’t it be better to send them off to a self-contained location like Plymouth out of their comfort zone & where it is more difficult for them to get up to no good unnoticed……. rather than to the likes of London, Birmingham, Manchester full of temptations for rich young lads where they can be anonymous? If you also know the guy in charge and trust him – then so much the better.