Daily Catch Up - Wednesday 12 June | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Daily Catch Up - Wednesday 12 June

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

New manager Ryan Lowe reveals he has already made offers to a couple of new players ...
"We have made a couple of offers to players already so we will see where that takes us.
“I can’t remember if I put seven days or 10 days on it, but we will know in the near future.”
“It just doesn’t happen overnight. There is a lot of work we do to get players.
“It’s not just pick up the phone, I will have him. I want to know all about you.

“I won’t tell you how we go about it but I will do my homework and due diligence on them to make sure they are the right fit.
“If they are not the right fit, we don’t sign them. They might be a tremendous footb1aller but ultimately they have got to be the right character as well.”
He also spoke about signing players from his former club Bury ...
"It’s tough at the moment. I have got to respect the football club massively. I have got a good relationship with the people at the ground, and the fans certainly.
“But I have also got a good relationship with all the players.
“If they become available then maybe. If they don’t become available then fine. There are plenty of other players out there.

“I don’t know which players are going to become available and which are not.
“There are a lot of players that can serve notice to move on because of the circumstances.
“If they become available and I’m not standing on anyone’s toes, then why wouldn’t I?
“But, at this moment in time, I have got to respect the situation at Bury Football Club and I will do that massively.”

“Danny Mayor is out of contract so he’s different, but in all honesty he’s a League One/Championship player.
“I would love to have Danny Mayor, no problem. I would fly him down, but you have got to be realistic as well.
“His missus has just had a baby, and he’s a home boy. When I was a player, I was fortunate enough I could pick my clubs and certainly Danny could probably do that.
“I think Danny is probably out of our league because of where he can go and what he can do.”
Carlisle midfielder Jamie Devitt has also been linked with a move to Home Park, Lowe said ...
“I know where that might have come from. I bumped into him in the Trafford Centre, Manchester on Sunday.
“I was just chatting away with him, so someone might have taken a picture of it and whatever else.
“We were asking about each other and his missus is pregnant.

“Is there rumours in it? Possibly, yes. Is he a good player? An unbelievably good player.
“Would I like to have him at Home Park? Yes I would.”
Lowe confirmed that coach Kevin Nancekivell will stay at Argyle and be part of his coaching staff ..
“Kev will stay. I was with him last night. We had a good chat and a coffee at the hotel.
“I have told Kev what I expect from him. Not only is he a good coach, he’s a good guy.
“He’s well respected and he wants to buy into what I’m about and what Steven Schumacher is about.

Fine, he comes on board with us. He will be our first team coach.

“He has got green running through his veins if you like and I want to keep as many people like that as possible.
“Ultimately, Kev knows that he has got to back us all the way and be honest and open with us and he’s certainly going to give us that.
“I’m looking forward to working with him. So, yes, Kev will stay with us as one of my coaching staff members.”
Lowe also talked about his living arrangements, he will be based in an apartment in Plymouth ...
“I’m a big believer in family – lots of the players have got families, and you get home when you can. First and foremost, it’s work, it’s business, and you get down to it.
“The footballing side of things was done when I got offered the job, really. But, I’ve got an 11-year-old daughter who is the boss.
“They are coming down for six weeks. My partner and my two children will be at the ground every other week, when we’ve got a home game. They’re looking forward to it.”

Lowe talked working with owner Simon Hallett ...
“He’s a lovely bloke. He’s down to earth. We went out for a meal with him, my partner Jade, and Steven and his partner Victoria, and he paid for the meal, which was nice.

“We had a good chat. We spoke about the club – the history of it, the geography, everything about him.
“He’s a genuine guy and I’m really pleased to be working for him.”

Ryan Lowe's arrival - behind the scenes video

It's been confirmed that Rhys Wilmot, who signed a two-year contract last summer, will remain at the club as goalkeeping coach and will form part of Ryan Lowe's backroom staff.

Ryan Lowe says he may cancel the pre-season training camp in Holland ....
“We are in discussions about that because I want to put my stamp on it.
“I want Ryan Lowe’s stamp on it and a different feel. I don’t know where they have been in Holland – I know the place but I have never been before.

“Not that it matters, I’m happy to go wherever, but we are discussions about potentially changing that".

Young midfielder Tom Purrington accepts a new contract.... club website

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I have to hold my hand up here and admit I was somewhat underwhelmed and sceptical about his appointment but from what I've heard and read over the past 2 days I'm beginning to think he may well be a very very shrewd choice by the Board. :thumbup:

Sep 25, 2010
My wife, who had never heard of him before, thinks he is the exact double of Robbie Keane

Jul 29, 2010
To paraphrase, one of the other quotes he made about players in the last couple of days was that talk is cheap, action and delivery is what matters.

That also sums up my stance on him. Sounds good, now let's see it in action.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
A very impressive start. Seems a complete antidote to the sometimes more surly approach of both Sheridan and Adams. Connection with the fans is what he gets which can be a great energiser on and off the pitch. This is something Sheridan never did and something that Adams patently failed to achieve last season. Ryan Lowe does seem a more 'heart on your sleeve' type which hopefully will be reflected in his comments post match. Adams lost the confidence of fans with some of his incomprehensible post match remarks.

Unless, I missed it there was no direct mention of the role of the new Head of Recruitment by him or Andrew Parkinson as being part of his team. Surely, this would an important role in assessing those who have made contact who want to come to Argyle and those who Ryan Lowe is specifically targetting?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Graham Clark":3hrzfh65 said:
A very impressive start. Seems a complete antidote to the sometimes more surly approach of both Sheridan and Adams. Connection with the fans is what he gets which can be a great energiser on and off the pitch. This is something Sheridan never did and something that Adams patently failed to achieve last season. Ryan Lowe does seem a more 'heart on your sleeve' type which hopefully will be reflected in his comments post match. Adams lost the confidence of fans with some of his incomprehensible post match remarks.

Unless, I missed it there was no direct mention of the role of the new Head of Recruitment by him or Andrew Parkinson as being part of his team. Surely, this would an important role in assessing those who have made contact who want to come to Argyle and those who Ryan Lowe is specifically targetting?

It's all here Graham
Ryan Lowe opens up about his Plymou...ww.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ssion=true[/url]

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was told by a poster on here that Roscrow didn't work for us any more. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I've certainly heard no mention of him lately.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Looks like RL is suggesting that we’re in for Devitt and the ball is in his court. As for Danny Mayor I think the suggestion is that our expectations should be dampened.

I must admit I was a little sceptical about an inexperienced manager taking over our club, but so far I feel a more positive vibe surrounding his appointment - I’m looking forward to seeing this attacking style we’ve been told Lowes team will aim to deliver. :thumbup:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Chief Scout at Bury Gary Simpson has been at the club for years so would he move to Argyle? Although he could still stay in the north and scout and watch opposition teams for Argyle.

We were told Ian Roscow would have input into the selection of a new manager but he was absent from the press conference yesterday.

There was no mention at the press conference if Lowe would oversee all aspects of the club as Andrew Parkinson said a few weeks ago a new manager would need to do or is Lowe just concentrating on the first team?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":yxcejb68 said:
I was told by a poster on here that Roscrow didn't work for us any more. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I've certainly heard no mention of him lately.

If so, then his time at Argyle was very short and sweet. I agree that it is strange that RL has made no mention of Roscrow's position, nor his existence in his early contact with the press. perhaps 'the poster' is correct.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN":14jho6wd said:
An appropriate question for Chris Errington to ask at his next opportunity.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Emeraldinho":2b9ttb8u said:
I have to hold my hand up here and admit I was somewhat underwhelmed and sceptical about his appointment but from what I've heard and read over the past 2 days I'm beginning to think he may well be a very very shrewd choice by the Board. :thumbup:
Careful, this is pretty much in the tone of a number of posts on the Thursday before the Accrington debacle which all but sealed our fate.

After tea and biscuits with Adams in the cosy surroundings of the Senior Greens, we were being told what a wonderful chap he actually was and reading comments like "I didn't realise he was such a nice guy..." and "I had my doubts but after this afternoon, I still believe in him", etc.

Barely 48 hours later we had been hammered and humiliated in an absolute shambles of a performance and Adams was about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit to just about everyone except his Mum (who posts on this site as HC Green) and he was summarily sacked by the Club.

Being serious, I think Lowe is an excellent appointment and Hallett deserves much credit for eventually getting him down here and in particular, for the professional way he went about it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not sure it's been asked before but I wonder WHO thought about Lowe in the first place.

Whoever it was, well done that person.

:clap:

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
X Isle":4vzktat0 said:
To paraphrase, one of the other quotes he made about players in the last couple of days was that talk is cheap, action and delivery is what matters.

That also sums up my stance on him. Sounds good, now let's see it in action.
I do believe R L will not need a crash helmet if things do not go right at first. A lot of our managers we have had soon came under fire with crap systems. Good luck Ryan I hope the helmet as gone to the tip with the old grandstand! Your interview was good when you called the fans The Green Army. The only Green team in the top four leagues. :scarf: