Mr R Cowdery | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mr R Cowdery

Oct 31, 2015
Just a question.

Is it Rick who writes the content on the PAFC website? If so why is he so arrogant towards the fans.

Or does he see it as humour?

I know he has been here some time but boy as head of communications he seems to lack a very important skill.

Communication :banghead:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
People before this gets into a witch hunt, remember the bloke has no right to reply.

Also, personal abuse is not allowed on this site. If you want to vent, there are other avenues for that but Pasoti will not tolerate it.

Criticism is ok but let's watch what we say.

C

Cult Of Personality

Actually found him to be a nice guy when ever I have spoken to him. When I used to be on the checkouts at the local Co op he would give me little snippets of info about targets and such.

May 16, 2016
rsp4":3hrrl5s4 said:
Just a question.

Is it Rick who writes the content on the PAFC website? If so why is he so arrogant towards the fans.

Or does he see it as humour?

I know he has been here some time but boy as head of communications he seems to lack a very important skill.

Communication :banghead:

Oh no, you ok ?

What's he said now to upset everyone in way of response to all the rubbish spouted online during the last few weeks since the Season finished ?

Hopefully not ghastly phrases along the lines of "despite internet rumours" or "armchair experts". I read similar, and frankly, had to have a lie down. This has got Yobgate written all over it.

May 21, 2015
Find a subject that's actually worth getting mad about. There's plenty around at the minute.

Sep 19, 2015
Blokes an out and out chopper and has been embarrassing the club for years. The club seems to be moving forward on most fronts in my opinion. Replacing Rick with a more forward thinking, professional employee should be high on Simon Halletts list of priorities.

Sep 7, 2006
I find his writing completely out of touch with the objectives of a good communications person. He writes with a tone of moral superiority, and often uses the opportunity to sneer at supporters. His communications actually make me dislike the club sometimes, and I avoid reading articles on the official site.

May 8, 2011
F in Argyle":vckp47qm said:
I find his writing completely out of touch with the objectives of a good communications person. He writes with a tone of moral superiority, and often uses the opportunity to sneer at supporters. His communications actually make me dislike the club sometimes, and I avoid reading articles on the official site.

I do think the irony of all ironies is that he is the designated Supporter Liason Officer.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PlymouthCasual":jvozduhr said:
Blokes an out and out chopper and has been embarrassing the club for years. The club seems to be moving forward on most fronts in my opinion. Replacing Rick with a more forward thinking, professional employee should be high on Simon Halletts list of priorities.

You obviously didn`t read IJNs post. You on the other hand only embarrass yourself.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
macleanie":36ddyys7 said:
I spent a bit of time in the media office years back. He seemed a nice fella.

+1

Very good writer too, how many Football League clubs articles would start like this...

IF, as Aesop suggested, you can judge someone by the company they keep, then – on that basis alone – Ryan Lowe’s tenure as Argyle manager promises much.

:lol:

The nature of writing means that not everyone will like the same content. Many people like Dan Brown's novels, for example. I think that his writing is a total load of bobbins. Personally, I don't find the content of the official site to be condescending. I'm generally impressed with how quickly stuff goes up after matches, and really, my only niggle would be with match reports where we've clearly played badly, yet they tend to be overly-optimistic. Come next week when the fixtures are out, or before that if we've acquired a new player, and people will have something football-related on which to focus rather than minor grumbles.

M

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
I've long found his approach condescending and sneery towards supporters. There was literally no need to start having a little pop at fans in that Lowe article - no it's not the biggest crime in the history of mankind but it's the latest in a long line of arsey comments from the club's official channels which is very strange.

He obviously cares deeply about what is said on here - a supporter's discussion forum for supporters to discuss things. Sorry for being interested and talking about club issues, Rick.

The regular snidey-ness is really unprofessional and in any other industry he'd be called out.

Rick - you'll probably be reading this, so how about you try to stop being such a whopper with the official club channels? It's not so long ago the people you're having a snide pop at were fundraising to help with your wages.

May 16, 2016
So the Club get called out for not listening to the Fans, individuals consider their opinions the most important, moan about being ignored and left out of the update loops, yet, as soon as the Club press releases make reference to Fans online comments or opinions ie recognises them, then they're being condescending and sneering.

I'm not too keen on his style, but why does it have to be a one way street ? Dishing out and taking it comes to mind.