✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Herald reporting that Argyle appear not to have heard from Ruben prior to Mr. Lowe's Thursday morning deadline.

Mar 23, 2008
Think it's irrelevant, he's off. With him, Carey, Yann, Edwards and Foxy all off with more to follow no doubt that's some serious wage freed up for new signings.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
He might do a Bhasera. He hasn't got a trophy to return has he? :)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Heard he’s off to Cardiff

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Strange how Lowe said that he'd spoken to 90% of the players when he was interviewed and they were mostly keen to work with him. Appears not so far as only Sawyer signing on from the first team squad.

Can't imagine Ruben staying unless we've massively upped his offer since Carey moved on.

Although given Ruben left Coventry because they got relegated to league 2 I find it very hard to see him even contemplating an offer from us. More than happy to be proved wrong by him though.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
We don't know that he hasn't. I know he hasn't texted me, but maybe someone at the club knows? I expect they'll let me know when it's the right time.

Jun 2, 2016
If you've got several concrete offers and you're definitely going to take one, you'll politely let Argyle know you're not accepting their offer. Then Argyle confirm. Just like Carey.

The fact that hasn't happened does suggest the possibility that there are further negotiations going on between Ruben and us.

Don't see any other reason we'd accept a delay here.

Feb 21, 2011
Glynn":2nvz25v0 said:
Strange how Lowe said that he'd spoken to 90% of the players when he was interviewed and they were mostly keen to work with him. Appears not so far as only Sawyer signing on from the first team squad.

Can't imagine Ruben staying unless we've massively upped his offer since Carey moved on.

Although given Ruben left Coventry because they got relegated to league 2 I find it very hard to see him even contemplating an offer from us. More than happy to be proved wrong by him though.

Twice relegated from L1, perhaps he's just not up to that level and should take what's offered.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
A few players will have been offered a contract but will have waited to see if our new manager was prepared to increase that offer.

Songo'o, Carey and Fox will have had their revised offers and not liked them. Others are still weighing up options. Our revised offer maybe their 3rd, 4th or 5th choice but it's the safety net and few will want to take that away (Edwards) until they've made a decision or Argyle have removed the net. They will want to make the decision as late as possible if they have a number of suitors.

Reuben will be off I have no doubt. It's not an earth shattering blow. He's at best a Championship player but his realistic level is league 1. Enjoyable and frustrating in equal measure his contribution to the team's performance will be easily replaced.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Green83":2mt9hqml said:
Argyleloyal87":2mt9hqml said:
Heard he’s off to Cardiff

Who from?

Seen it on Facebook and the person who I seen say it knows Ruben well.

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
As far as I'm concerned, there's not a single player from last season's pitiful capitulation that I will be sorry to see go. Unless they show total commitment to getting us back up they can go wherever they want.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If Ruben was given a formal date of which to reply by and hasn’t then for me the contract offer is rescinded and we move on without him.

If he was still mulling it over then I’d like to think contact would have been made to ask for a little more time because of whatever the reason may be.

He’s obviously in negotiations with another club or 2 so his priorities aren’t with keeping RL informed of his intentions.

He’s (very likely) moved on, we should do the same.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Michael_Fleet":3sevucs4 said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's not a single player from last season's pitiful capitulation that I will be sorry to see go. Unless they show total commitment to getting us back up they can go wherever they want.
Agree.