Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 12 July | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 12 July

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

Ticket details for the Carabao Cup game against Leyton Orient at Home Park on Tuesday 13 August
.. club website

Will centre-back Adam Thompson be the next Bury player to join Argyle ....

League Two signings so far this summer:
Argyle - 4
Bradford -10
Cambridge - 4Ā 
Carlisle - 9
Cheltenham - 6
Colchester - 8
Crawley - 6
Crewe - 4
Exeter - 10
Forest Green - 7
Grimsby - 7
Leyton Orient - 7
Macclesfield - 4
Mansfield - 3
Morecambe - 4
Newport - 7
Northampton - 16
Oldham - 4
Port Vale - 7
Salford - 6
Scunthorpe - 6
Stevenage - 6
Swindon - 8
Walsall - 10

All about new signing Dom Telford.... club website

New rumours have emerged that Argyle have offered contracts to Bury players Adam Thompson (unlikely to happen) midfielder Callum McFadzean and forward Byron Moore, both of which are very likely to happen.

Another report claiming Byron Moore is on his way to Argyle ..... Football Insider

Ryan Lowe confirms Gary Sawyer will remain as captain ....
ā€œGaz is the captain and I am not taking the captaincy off Gaz. Heā€™s the club captain, he has been here for 14 years. He is the club captain and if he plays, he will be the captain.

ā€œI will be looking for a vice captain. But I am not coming in and ripping things up.
ā€œGaz is a top boy, heā€™s a leader and I know why heā€™s club captain because of the things he does around the place, so for me, itā€™s a no brainer that he stays as captain.ā€

Chelsea youngsters have been confirmed as the fourth team in Argyle's group for the EFL Trophy, along with Bristol Rovers and Swindon Town.The dates for the games have not yet been confirmed.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Some of the teams with the most signings have included first year professionals promoted from their youth team. If we did that I think our total would be 8.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Is that the mcfadzean that joined Coventry in May?

If so that seems more unlikely than Thompson!

Edited to say, just seen there is another mcfadzean. Such an uncommon name so only found the Coventry one initially.

As Callum is from the Bury team and we are now decanting from that... Yes much more likely

Mar 26, 2004
McQ":wuu9d2w5 said:

Think that was Kyle, This is what Callum is like

"In October 2013, McFadzean was released on bail after being charged with two counts of assault and two counts of threatening behaviour after an incident in Sheffield city centre earlier the same month.[27] McFadzean pleaded guilty to two charges of assault when his case came to court in November 2013, admitting to hitting one female friend and headbutting another while drunk.[28] As a result, he was given a community order with 12 months' supervision." :problem:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
McQ":1tvnas9c said:

That's Kyle not Callum

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
GreenAllOver":2221os8m said:
McQ":2221os8m said:

"In October 2013, McFadzean was released on bail after being charged with two counts of assault and two counts of threatening behaviour after an incident in Sheffield city centre earlier the same month.[27] McFadzean pleaded guilty to two charges of assault when his case came to court in November 2013, admitting to hitting one female friend and headbutting another while drunk.[28] As a result, he was given a community order with 12 months' supervision." :problem:

What a charmer... 6 years ago so hopefully he has grown up and moved on. Last year was his best by a long way.

Jul 29, 2010
GreenAllOver":1vhkopyn said:
McQ":1vhkopyn said:

Think that was Kyle, This is what Callum *DID*...(ONCE, SIX YEARS AGO, IN A MOMENT OF STUPIDITY THAT I AM SURE HE REGRETS DEEPLY AND IS THUS FAR LESS LIKELY TO REPEAT)

I have emmended the way you put that statement to more accurate reflect facts. We don't know what he is "like", just as we ourselves would not care to be defined by any number of brief stupid events in each and every one of our own lives.

*IF* Callum McFadzean is indeed on RL's wish list and *IF* he is considering a move to Plymouth I would very much prefer he did so knowing we're a bunch of fans who understand the concept of rehabilitation, have actively done so with players who have done even worse, and who don't believe biffingly stupid things like people being defined by single biffingly stupid moments in their lives.

If he's like his brother, who I watched several times, then he's a very good player. I would hate for him to pass on coming to Argyle thanks to a stupid comment on a messageboard. We are better than that.

Jul 29, 2010
McQ":2nxjmo7r said:
GreenAllOver":2nxjmo7r said:
McQ":2nxjmo7r said:

What a charmer... 6 years ago so hopefully he has grown up and moved on. Last year was his best by a long way.

We all have moments from our past we wish hadn't happened but that make us better people... don't we McQ ;)

Mar 26, 2004
X Isle":9ljmu84p said:
GreenAllOver":9ljmu84p said:
McQ":9ljmu84p said:

Think that was Kyle, This is what Callum *DID*...(ONCE, SIX YEARS AGO, IN A MOMENT OF STUPIDITY THAT I AM SURE HE REGRETS DEEPLY AND IS THUS FAR LESS LIKELY TO REPEAT)

I have emmended the way you put that statement to more accurate reflect facts. We don't know what he is "like", just as we ourselves would not care to be defined by any number of brief stupid events in each and every one of our own lives.

*IF* Callum McFadzean is indeed on RL's wish list and *IF* he is considering a move to Plymouth I would very much prefer he did so knowing we're a bunch of fans who understand the concept of rehabilitation, have actively done so with players who have done even worse, and who don't believe biffingly stupid things like people being defined by single biffingly stupid moments in their lives.

If he's like his brother, who I watched several times, then he's a very good player. I would hate for him to pass on coming to Argyle thanks to a stupid comment on a messageboard. We are better than that.

Just pickiing up from his history thats all. You would hope however that at 20 years of age he would of known that hitting and headbutting women is a big no no. But as you say maybe he has gone through rehabilitation and learnt from those early mistakes. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance after all..

Jul 29, 2010
Pafcineurope":3mhau8vy said:
Emeraldinho":3mhau8vy said:
Christ, any more signings from Bury and we may as well wear a blue strip! :lol:

Yep.

Nope.

Not only does it matter not a single jot where our signings are coming from, Bury primarily play in white.

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":1wmm1458 said:
GreenAllOver":1wmm1458 said:
McQ":1wmm1458 said:

:lol: :doh: like he is really likely not to sign for us because of a message on a message board!. Incredible that you think that even possible.

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
X Isle":1elzlaio said:
GreenAllOver":1elzlaio said:
McQ":1elzlaio said:

X Isle you are making some massive assumptions yourself there. Why are you sure he bitterly regrets it? You know no such thing people say all sorts of things after the event to mitigate or justify their actions. And as for it being a stupid comment or we are better than that. Better than what? To basically say ah well he battered two women on a night out but Iā€™m sure he is a decent bloke now because he wants to sign for Argyle and I hope he isnā€™t put off because a couple of fans have had the temerity to point out a conviction for violence against women. Ryan Lowe obviously knows him and trusts him so we have to go with that if he signs him but to call people out for making a ā€œstupid commentā€ is not right and frankly you need to be be better than that.