Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Saturday 13 July | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Saturday 13 July

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

It's match day!
The Plymouth Derby - Plymouth Parkway v Argyle.

New signing Dom Telford talks to the club website about his move to Argyle ...
“Obviously I know the gaffer from last year and we had a good relationship, he brings the best out of me.
“For me, as soon as I knew it was on the cards, there was no doubt in my mind.
“The size of the club speaks for itself, but with the Gaffer, with his mentality, and the way he wants to do things, I’m all about that.

“We are similar types of players and have the same mindset of ‘goals, goals, goals’ so I thrive off that environment and hopefully I can score a few here.
“I’ve seen a lot of things, I’ve got a little bit of experience, but the good thing with the Gaffer is I know I will be learning every day. I did last year and I definitely think I’ll continue to do that under him.

"I know the lads inside out and I know for a fact they’ll bring some excitement, Danny especially, they’re quality players. I’ve trained with them and the quality is definitely there.

“We will get the winning mentality back after what was a disappointing season last year at Home Park. At Bury, we got relegated and bounced straight back up and did it in good fashion.
“I’m looking forward to cracking on, getting the season underway and showing everyone what we can do.

“I’m quite tidy on the ball, I’d like to say, and I’ve got tunnel vision really,” he said. “I like to score goals, linking up play or running behind if I get told to.
“I got few goals last year but I’m coming here to make sure I can cement my place in the team, score goals in the league and contribute the best way I can, so I am ready to get going.

“Hopefully, I can get people off their seat and excite the fans."

The pre-season game against AFC Wimbledon in Spain on 20 July now has a 11am (local time) kick-off.

Team line-up v Parkway ...

Argyle win 2-0 against Plymouth Parkway in a match in which they dominated. In front of a crowd of just under 2,000 Conor Grant scored a first half penalty and the impressive Klaidi Lolos scored in the second half to finish off a good move.
Young midfielder Adam Randell again produced a stand out performance.
Danny Mayor suffered an early foot injury but was able to continue and complete the first half.

Parkway 0 - 2 Argyle .... match report

Earlier today the Argyle under-18 team lost 2-1 against Swansea City.

Former Argyle midfielder Dan Rooney played as a trialist for Bury today in a pre-season game against Nantwich Town.