Supporters Bar | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Supporters Bar

Sep 25, 2010
Noticed on the update from Andrew Parkinson, that the GT supporters bar should open for the Salford game on aug 20.

Does anybody know, or an update, how we can join for the new membership.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
This probably also means that GoS will stop showing interior images of the GT's building ( :cry: ) as they, the GT's and Club, will want to reveal it on the opening day. :scarf:

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Heathrow Green":1hbvzc9g said:
This probably also means that GoS will stop showing interior images of the GT's building ( :cry: ) as they, the GT's and Club, will want to reveal it on the opening day. :scarf:

Yes, that's true I'm afraid, but it won't be for long.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
I'm guessing GoS will have some more pictures of the new dressing rooms after the Colchester game too?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ade the green":29buxkzy said:
Any news on additional opening hours not relating to Argyle at home. Hopefully this would be open to all outside those hours for sports related sessions.

This too. I'd love to go for a walk in Central Park, swim in the Life Centre, then beer and a pasty watching a game in the GTs bar.

Easier said than done because it requires staff and supplies, and it's a tad out of the way being deep into the HHP site.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":facvtab9 said:
Ade the green":facvtab9 said:
Any news on additional opening hours not relating to Argyle at home. Hopefully this would be open to all outside those hours for sports related sessions.

This too. I'd love to go for a walk in Central Park, swim in the Life Centre, then beer and a pasty watching a game in the GTs bar.

Easier said than done because it requires staff and supplies, and it's a tad out of the way being deep into the HHP site.

Absolutely and whilst I don’t expect it to be open on a dreary Sunday afternoon with no chance of custom i’d hope it might be feasible for major sporting occasions like world cups etc.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I can't see it only being open every other Saturday.

Surely Life Centre to Central Park walk could take you right past the GT's building.

Edit to add: Don't forget that the GT's Building is outside the stadium itself.

https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 522287.pdf

Oct 11, 2014
I would certainly use the bar outside of home games when I am down and pay the membership fee, so would my Mother and her other half who enjoy what the GTs put on for weekend entertainment, despite not being Argyle Supporters.

However, if they were to put Sky Sports (and BT Sport) in there, that comes at a large cost P.A, so it would boil down to would enough people use it to fund that.

Having weekend entertainment in there, and even preformers on a Sunday evening after Super Sunday (Sunday Club) and meat raffles can make Sundays quite busy. During the week however, it should open around the Sport. You could even stick a Karaoke on there for example on a Friday, Rick & Dave on a Saturday with a band or DJ to follow. But it all comes down to cost and if enough people would use it and support those nights

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Martyn":35f0mkh4 said:
Noticed on the update from Andrew Parkinson, that the GT supporters bar should open for the Salford game on aug 20.

I have just contacted them regarding becoming a member and found out that they have now reached capacity for the top bar.

It sounds like additional memberships may become available when PAFC vacate the bottom bar after Christmas.

Day memberships may become available in future.

If you would like to be kept updated regarding the above then text / call the GT information line.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Phil Sloggett":26imejwc said:
Martyn":26imejwc said:

I have just contacted them regarding becoming a member and found out that they have now reached capacity for the top bar.

It sounds like additional memberships may become available when PAFC vacate the bottom bar after Christmas.

Day memberships may become available in future.

If you would like to be kept updated regarding the above then text / call the GT information line.

That was kept rather secret - I don't recall seeing any announcement that memberships could be applied for.

I guess you have to be in with the in crowd.

So still no decent pre-match facilities for the ordinary fan.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
So what are you saying David? The regulars that have gone for the last five years are cast aside for the people that now fancy a proper building? Is that fair?

Surely as soon as the club vacate the bottom tier on around New Year, there will be another 300 odd people that can join.

Upstairs FansFest and downstairs a supporters bar. Built buy and bought by Argyle fans, what more can any Argyle fan want?

Aug 4, 2018
I'd certainly use it during the week. Especially if they have have multi screens showing other sporting events. Just a 1/2 mile walk for me. Saying that - that means I have to walk home through CP in the dark! :crazy:

I will keep an ear to the ground if and when the bottom tier of the supporters bar advertises membership.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Hmmm, this seems like such a difficult one.

On one hand, one of the best things about the previous fanfests was the accessibility of it and openness to away fans too. On the other hand, the people who went every week deserve to get their spot first in the same way long-time fans should have priority for a big Cup game.

Quite curious about the whole thing... will you be able to move between floors when the bottom one opens? Would people be able to wander up and see Rick and Dave, or are the fanfests now inaccessible to people without the membership? Would Rick and Dave not get bored playing to exactly the same people every week? :twisted: