Pre/Half time/Post match music... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pre/Half time/Post match music...

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
Just a thought...

After seeing the Wycombe fans belting out Sweet Caroline and seeing 'that lot in our shadow' allowing the fans to choose the pre-match music I think this might be a good idea to get the atmosphere pumped up...

I believe they tweet the suggestions and the club choose them at random, I think it's a great idea.

Some good Oasis/Stone Roses/Foo fighters tunes maybe?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
green eyed monster":p6wx4zsi said:
Just a thought...

After seeing the Wycombe fans belting out Sweet Caroline and seeing 'that lot in our shadow' allowing the fans to choose the pre-match music I think this might be a good idea to get the atmosphere pumped up...

I believe they tweet the suggestions and the club choose them at random, I think it's a great idea.

Oasis and Stone Roses get the thumbs up from me :thumbs:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I know this has been said a million times before, but they need to blast Semper on the new speakers when the teams come out and play it in full. Before that... yes, play whatever you like.

When it’s played at a low volume over dodgy speakers then cut off, it’s dreary and timid. When it’s blasted and played fully it’s intimidating and rousing, not unlike the orchestral anthems Spanish clubs have - the Barca Barca Barca one is incredible.

Not many clubs have such a traditional and unique (well, in football at least. The US marines may have something to say about that... and Exeter) piece of music to come out to. Needs to be made the most of.

C

Cult Of Personality

To be honest I never really notice the music before the game and afterwards anyways.

Saying that I don't want it blasted out. If fans want atmosphere and chanting they need to do it themselves and build it up from the ground up

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argyleloyal87":3o2pzvu1 said:
green eyed monster":3o2pzvu1 said:
Just a thought...

Yes, let's subject Salford to Oasis and The Stone Roses, that should unsettle them!! :whistle:

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
After the dress rehearsal at the Fansfest ‘Janners’ should be played so that all those that haven’t been able to get in the new bar gets a chance to belt it out.

May 4, 2015
Argyleloyal87":33ctcvuu said:
green eyed monster":33ctcvuu said:
Just a thought...

and me

May 22, 2006
khennes_904":2ea6wg21 said:
Do they still play ‘A walk in the Black Forest’ at the end of the game ?

I’ve got a 45 single of it played by Ron Goodwin Orchestra (Plymouth lad). Happy to lend it if they’ve still got a turntable.

Records used to be supplied by the record shop on Mutley Plain. Anybody remember what it was called?

Apr 13, 2006
Plymouth
Semper Fidelis to be played as the teams walk out and do the ritual handshakes etc. Then Mr PA man shut the hell up and let the crowd start to do their bit as the team come down and applaud the fans.
Not much hope this will be done as the PA person love themselves far more than wanting to try and let the crowd have a bit of limelight.
Against Colchester - Semper was played again and again for what seemed like ages drowning out the supporters.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Agree that Semper to be played loudly as teams come onto the pitch,PA mike OFF! also,at half time after the guest and half time scores,PLEASE,no crappy music,just let us all have a chat about the first half, and upon the second half,just the announcement that the teams are comming out,and not that dreadful version of Semper. Just my own feelings.

Jan 28, 2005
khennes_904":56taopoe said:

Yes, quite often. I particularly appreciate it when we have lost but it is also nice when we have won.

I take the point about playing the 2'30" of Semper Fidelis in full as the pre-match formalities take place. We have been making our views known on this point for more than 10 years. I have no idea why the club is not listening.

When you think Liverpool, surely you think red, Anfield, You'll never walk alone.

When you think Plymouth Argyle (better name as well), you think green, Home Park, Semper Fidelis.

The announcements and pre-match music have not really been that great since Des Robinson!

A regular feature at Home Park in the 1970s (was it City Records on Mutley Plain?) was 'Holiday' an instrumental - anyone know who it was by?

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Swillyboy":azf5bxcn said:
khennes_904":azf5bxcn said:

Yes, quite often. I particularly appreciate it when we have lost but it is also nice when we have won.

I take the point about playing the 2'30" of Semper Fidelis in full as the pre-match formalities take place. We have been making our views known on this point for more than 10 years. I have no idea why the club is not listening.

When you think Liverpool, surely you think red, Anfield, You'll never walk alone.

When you think Plymouth Argyle (better name as well), you think green, Home Park, Semper Fidelis.

The announcements and pre-match music have not really been that great since Des Robinson!

A regular feature at Home Park in the 1970s (was it City Records on Mutley Plain?) was 'Holiday' an instrumental - anyone know who it was by?

It is called Heartsong by Gordon Giltrap