IFollow poor preparation/service | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

IFollow poor preparation/service

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
The problem with providing a second rate service that plays “lift music” in the build up to the match and at half time, is that if your equipment fails when you switch it on 5 minutes before the match, you only have 5 mins to fix it. If you provided a service in the build up with interviews/discussions etc, like Radio Devon do, then if the equipment fails when you switch it on, you have much more time to fix it without missing the start of the match for the fans who have paid for commentary.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Utter rubbish.

Today is an all time low. Why the hell get rid of the Radio Devon feed ? To call this amateur is a huge understatement.

Mar 1, 2005
Southampton
Is the dropping of the excellent product that we have had for many years from ifollow providing the Radio Devon coverage a “vanity project” by the Argyle head of communication? The product we now have through the club’s amateur commentators is terrifically appalling in comparison to Radio Devon; and the “lift music” until very shortly before kick-off, and at half-time, and the total switch off with the referee’s Final Whistle is hugely frustrating/annoying.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Southampton Green":efg6uvw0 said:
Is the dropping of the excellent product that we have had for many years from ifollow providing the Radio Devon coverage a “vanity project” by the Argyle head of communication? The product we now have through the club’s amateur commentators is terrifically appalling in comparison to Radio Devon; and the “lift music” until very shortly before kick-off, and at half-time, and the total switch off with the referee’s Final Whistle is hugely frustrating/annoying.

Totally agree. There is no way can I listen to the second half.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Seems we use the own-brand commentary for home games and Radio Devon for away games. Maybe a cost thing. Radio Devon streets ahead.

Also, what happened to the four-camera thing they couldn't stop going on about a few weeks ago? Obviosuly some behind the scenes issues there too.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Lobster":1wowbrz3 said:
Seems we use the own-brand commentary for home games and Radio Devon for away games. Maybe a cost thing. Radio Devon streets ahead.

Also, what happened to the four-camera thing they couldn't stop going on about a few weeks ago? Obviosuly some behind the scenes issues there too.

Cowdoodery did mention it a few times today especially when he was bragging that he was watching the replays that we will all see once we have the FOUR camera system that they were now testing obviously no one has told him we were watching the replays with the ONE camera system. :banghead: :banghead:

And yes the commentary was about 3-4 seconds behind the video feed

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Is it time for a coordinated write-in to the club?

We pay a fair amount for this service. On the one hand it’s still good value IMO and I don’t know how much of the fee goes to the club or indeed how many full subscribers there are or whether the BBC charges a fee.

But while technical glitches are presumably a matter for ifollow , I understand the decision about which commentary to use lies with the club. In this respect the quality of the audio service, the standard of the commentary itself and the lack of build-up, has declined markedly this season.

We all seem to agree we’d like the Radio Devon feed back, so there’s no point in waiting until half the season has gone before making this point.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
According to the EFL between 70% and 80% of ifollow revenue goes directly to each club.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
PL2 3DQ":1iotpdmi said:
According to the EFL between 70% and 80% of ifollow revenue goes directly to each club.

That’s correct. At the recent Fans Forum it was confirmed that the Club had generated and received over £100,000 from iFollow.

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
Graham Clark":j9ztaf6k said:
PL2 3DQ":j9ztaf6k said:

That’s correct. At the recent Fans Forum it was confirmed that the Club had generated and received over £100,000 from iFollow.

I've been paying for membership for the past few seasons on the basis that, for the few games of the season where I can, I can listen to the commentary and it's a way of supporting the club.

I have tried to listen to a couple matches this season, and simply turned off. Terrible commentary and hardly a robust system.

I think, if they can't / won't use Radio Devon, its probably time to cancel; I just cant justify it anymore.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Apparently the overseas offering is far better according to a few people on Twitter.

But that rubbish I was sold today (but paid for in a single payment) was not worth the money.

I quite liked Tony Cannan as Co Comm. I like the fact we have a Janner accent discussing our game/team. Just a shame that poxy service meant we couldn't hear it much.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
It is bad enough that they have stopped using Radio Devon, but it should be clear and consistent.

I stopped paying when Sparksey stopped commentating.