For Stat lovers.... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For Stat lovers....

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
If you love your football stats (like me) you'll love this site.

https://experimental361.com/2019/09/17/ ... -sep-2019/

Quite WTF it means I haven't quite made my mind up yet :crazy: ...... I think it shows what we probably know already - that we've got a dodgy defence (although not that bad) and we create and concede a lot of chances although the quality of the chances created not so good (from the bottom graph - I think). Anyway, have a look .... great stuff :thumbs:

I’m a stats nerd so I love stuff like this. Must even admit to dipping into Soccernomics quite regularly. One thing surprises me on the scattergraph. You might think that with Crawley’s ideal position for a quiet defence and busy attack they should be in the top three at least. Perhaps they’re busy in attack but not very potent.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
mervyn":3i5y9cd1 said:
I’m a stats nerd so I love stuff like this. Must even admit to dipping into Soccernomics quite regularly. One thing surprises me on the scattergraph. You might think that with Crawley’s ideal position for a quiet defence and busy attack they should be in the top three at least. Perhaps they’re busy in attack but not very potent.
Well they are 7th - and isn't the key chart the bottom one of expected goals for and against? The real outlier is Forest Green who have few XGs for and a lot against so should be bottom yet they are third in the league! This would suggest they are in a false position and maybe they've just got lucky so far? Clearly we need to stop conceding so many chances.