Cameron Sangster’s boot business | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Cameron Sangster’s boot business

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
Read about this and watched the video last night. Was well impressed. Fair play to them both

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
They also had a plug when they were on the Alan Brazil show (Talk Sport) on Tuesday.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
I salute Sangsters entrepreneurial spirit, very commendable, but I feel ultimately it maybe detrimental to Sangster the professional footballer and Argyle, will he make a professional career Or (more likely) turn out semi pro for Truro, Tiverton, Torquay, Torpoint et al like a lot of Argyle’s “promising” young talent.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
BHS":3lfma80p said:
I salute Sangsters entrepreneurial spirit, very commendable, but I feel ultimately it maybe detrimental to Sangster the professional footballer and Argyle, will he make a professional career Or (more likely) turn out semi pro for Truro, Tiverton, Torquay, Torpoint et al like a lot of Argyle’s “promising” young talent.

Lol, why?

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
If this enterprise grows and provides an income greater than his salary as a professional, would he not lack the motivation to further his footballing career?and focus most of his efforts towards his enterprise.

Aug 5, 2016
BHS":2vlrdjz8 said:

The vast majority of young academy graduates at professional clubs aged 18-21 won't be being paid a professional wage after 25. They filter down to semi pro level, some give up entirely. A personal trainer at the gym I use used to play for the Birmingham City U21 team having been bought for the price of a 3 bedroom house, and now he is running spinning classes.

Sangster will still give 100% to his career but there is no harm in having side interests and a fall back option.

The chances of Sangster, Fletcher, Lolos, Peck, Cooper, Battle, Jephcott, Randell and Law all making it at Football League level are remarkably slim. Perhaps one, two if we are very lucky, will still be in the top 4 divisions in 3-5 years time.

The last player Argyle produced who was earned his place in the first team on merit was Ben Purrington and before that it was Curtis Nelson. Perhaps on average every 3 or 4 years a player will come out of the academy who has what it takes to maintain a career in the Football League, in between that there are a lot of broken hopes and shattered dreams of players expecting/expected to make it who ultimately don't.

I remember furore over some managerial decisions over the years regarding Tyler Harvey, Louis Rooney, Ollie Chenoweth, Jamie Richards, Luke Young, Jordan Copp, Aaron Bentley, Jordan Bentley, Callum Rose etc. Statistically that is the way it is. It isn't always lack of focus, desire or determination, not all the lads will have the ingredients. In fact most of them won't. We let Aaron Taylor Sinclair go and we let Ashley Smith Brown go, so it shows the standard Ryan Law for example needs to be at if he wants to get a first team professional contract offer. Very very difficult.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
BHS":rng2a908 said:
If this enterprise grows and provides an income greater than his salary as a professional, would he not lack the motivation to further his footballing career?and focus most of his efforts towards his enterprise.

I think this is what has happened to Sangster plus I expect as his employer Lowe and Argyle would prefer Sangster concentrated 100% on developing his football career whilst picking up a full time salary at Argyle. It suspect it may have come to a head between Lowe and Sangster, with Sangster deciding to leave (had he developed much this season on loan at Dorchester). Most employers may deem this to be moonlighting, good luck to the lad I hope he continues to make a success of his business venture

May 8, 2011
BHS":20nlyjyl said:
BHS":20nlyjyl said:

I think this is what has happened to Sangster plus I expect as his employer Lowe and Argyle would prefer Sangster concentrated 100% on developing his football career whilst picking up a full time salary at Argyle. It suspect it may have come to a head between Lowe and Sangster, with Sangster deciding to leave (had he developed much this season on loan at Dorchester). Most employers may deem this to be moonlighting, good luck to the lad I hope he continues to make a success of his business venture

Hardly moonlighting when they have so much free time and days off.

Feb 23, 2008
My only worry is that what he's doing may not be that unique in two or three years time and then he's left without a career.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
chunkymonkey78":1iblfcox said:
My only worry is that what he's doing may not be that unique in two or three years time and then he's left without a career.

What are you, his dad? Good luck to the lad, not many people his age are running their own business. If he's got the right attitude and ideas, even if this business runs it's course there'll be another round the corner.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I did the stadium tour at Old Trafford when In Manchester a few years ago. The Youth Team Player of the Year Trophy was on display and it really struck me how many names on it had failed to progress on to top level success . Sylvan Ebanks Blake was one name that stood out for me.
If Man Utd, who are renowned for giving youngsters a chance, have such a high drop out rate, it’s hardly surprising that the same applies to promising youngsters at Argyle.
That being the case, Cameron Sangster is to be congratulated on building such a successful Plan B should his main career not turn out to be what he hopes. Well done young man

May 16, 2016
landons forehead":1z43akwq said:
chunkymonkey78":1z43akwq said:

What are you, his dad? Good luck to the lad, not many people his age are running their own business. If he's got the right attitude and ideas, even if this business runs it's course there'll be another round the corner.

Exactly, I'm sure the Contacts, experience and confidence gained from this enterprise will stand him in good stead for any future endeavour. He'd also probably have little problem in getting into a non league part time Football Club should he still have the desire to play for his footy fix.