Lowe threatens clear out | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe threatens clear out

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ssion=true

Ryan Lowe has said quite a lot in his time as our manager. He has generally been positive but he currently isn't happy with his squad - even some of the ones he recruited it seems.

Few quick thoughts.

1) May not be easy to shift some of these players. Might need to pay up contracts.

2) Recruitment in January will need to be spot on. As things stand we will need a good run in 2020 to be where we want to be.

3) Lowe is in the spotlight a lot more here than at Bury. Firstly because expectations are high and he has added to that by talking openly about getting promoted playing football (Sky behind scenes). Also, the media focus is greater than he had at Bury where there are other League clubs dotted all around that share the media focus.

Sure others will speculate on who RL may be talking about.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I would add that at Bury that because of the financial crisis there was a siege-like mentality amongst the players and management which helped them get promoted.

Of the new signings Joe Edwards looks the most vulnerable.

Dubai Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 15, 2008
Singapore
I’m a simple person.

(Quiet at the back)

When it comes to expectations, I’ve learned a lot in life, including not to expect instant success. Indeed, not to expect any success - life is much happier that way if and when success comes. Which, of course, I hope it does.

Living overseas, I watch pretty much every game on iFollow. When it comes to the team, I don’t care for formations or tactics. I just want to see a good game and a decent effort.

Critically, when it comes to managers, I just want passion and honesty. Of course, some ability to sign good players and win games too. But I’ve seen umpty thrumpty previous Argyle managers serving up post match twaddle about being the better side, or clichés like “we need to dust ourselves off” and “we’ve got a chance to put it right next week”. The more that sort of nonsense comes out, the closer they’ve been to leaving the club, at least in my 30+ years of following Argyle.

So I say thank you Ryan. Your honesty about recent performances is refreshing. I back you to get it right. And I understand that it might take time. So many have gone before you pretending everything’s OK. I’m delighted finally to have a manager who says it as it is.

That’ll do me for now.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":8q0itg77 said:
I would add that at Bury that because of the financial crisis there was a siege-like mentality amongst the players and management which helped them get promoted.

I’d say of the New signings Josh Grant and Rudden look the most vulnerable imo

I think Edwards is a very good CDM, it’s just that we don’t have a natural RWB so he’s playing there at the mo.

We desperately need a fit striker (or maybe two) that is mobile and makes intelligent runs. Maybe then Byron Moore could be used at RWB when we need a more attacking line up.

I’m still a firm believer that Lowe will get things right with another transfer window.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It’s worth looking at Nathan Jones during his time at Luton, whilst the circumstances may not be identical, they’re similar and it’s a good comparison to make.

He also took over at a League 2 club with ambitious owner. He also was a young manager who had a clear philosophy and a way he wanted to play that he wouldn’t differ from. It didn’t click immediately, he inherited a number of players from the likes of Andy Awford & Jon Still. He couldn’t completely build & shape a team to suit his philosophy after 1 transfer window, he needed 2 or 3. It was a process.

Give Lowe the time & he’ll get things right.

Jun 27, 2019
PL2 3DQ":2qel5ed1 said:

You surely can't be serious? Edwards was the outstanding performer of the opening weeks of the season, and if his form has suffered of late it's only because he's been dragged out of position to cover for the incompetence of our main right wingback.

Talking of whom, Riley has to go in January whatever the cost. He is so far from being suited to our system that a replacement needs to be brought in as a matter of urgency, which would free Edwards up to play in the position where he has so much more impact.

Of the rest, Wooton, Sawyer, Canavan and Taylor are all on extremely thin ice. In fact, a couple of them have already fallen through the ice and are treading water. If we can find two new centre-backs and another striker in January then three of those named can be paid up and told to find new clubs. Sawyer will probably be kept on due to his status as captain and local boy, but he's cover at best.

I'm one of those who still has faith in Lowe and his style of play. However, there are clearly some serious personnel issues and our results will continue to suffer while we're carrying passengers who aren't fit for promotion-winning football. It's essential that we stay in touch with the playoffs until we can make the necessary changes to the squad, or else we'll be looking at another season in this wasteland of a league, which would be a serious disappointment.

On another note, what happened to the much-hailed 97% player availability rate at Bury last season? I think we can safely say that's been exposed as complete luck and nothing more.

Apr 19, 2008
Cornwall
Cobi Budge":3tw8qfm6 said:
It’s worth looking at Nathan Jones during his time at Luton, whilst the circumstances may not be identical, they’re similar and it’s a good comparison to make.

He also took over at a League 2 club with ambitious owner. He also was a young manager who had a clear philosophy and a way he wanted to play that he wouldn’t differ from. It didn’t click immediately, he inherited a number of players from the likes of Andy Awford & Jon Still. He couldn’t completely build & shape a team to suit his philosophy after 1 transfer window, he needed 2 or 3. It was a process.

Give Lowe the time & he’ll get things right.

Totally agree with this. Lowe is clearly frustrated with players who can't execute the game plan

May 8, 2011
How can you have a clear out in January. There are very few free agents or free transfers so you are looking at paying transfer fees, are Argyle going to do that, or getting loans in, we already have three and you can only have 5 in your match day squad.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":yd0nlpvd said:
How can you have a clear out in January. There are very few free agents or free transfers so you are looking at paying transfer fees, are Argyle going to do that, or getting loans in, we already have three and you can only have 5 in your match day squad.
He said in his interview that he knows he'll have backing in January. I took that to mean financial backing.

A

agentgreen

Don't post much but heard this is Sawyers last season with Argyle .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
WoodsyGreen":zn9y80qu said:
PL2 3DQ":zn9y80qu said:

You surely can't be serious? Edwards was the outstanding performer of the opening weeks of the season, and if his form has suffered of late it's only because he's been dragged out of position to cover for the incompetence of our main right wingback.

Talking of whom, Riley has to go in January whatever the cost. He is so far from being suited to our system that a replacement needs to be brought in as a matter of urgency, which would free Edwards up to play in the position where he has so much more impact.

Of the rest, Wooton, Sawyer, Canavan and Taylor are all on extremely thin ice. In fact, a couple of them have already fallen through the ice and are treading water. If we can find two new centre-backs and another striker in January then three of those named can be paid up and told to find new clubs. Sawyer will probably be kept on due to his status as captain and local boy, but he's cover at best.

I'm one of those who still has faith in Lowe and his style of play. However, there are clearly some serious personnel issues and our results will continue to suffer while we're carrying passengers who aren't fit for promotion-winning football. It's essential that we stay in touch with the playoffs until we can make the necessary changes to the squad, or else we'll be looking at another season in this wasteland of a league, which would be a serious disappointment.

On another note, what happened to the much-hailed 97% player availability rate at Bury last season? I think we can safely say that's been exposed as complete luck and nothing more.

The question was 'who from the new players was Lowe talking about who could be shipped out', not the Adams' signings that you have listed.
Edwards has been subbed six times in 11 league games which suggests Lowe is losing patience with him.

Who of the new players do you think Lowe is talking about?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
JiC suggested Rudden.

In my view he hasn't had an opportunity yet. Expect him to start Tuesday.

January 2019 at Bury Lowe signed 2 loan players, no permanent signings and let 4 leave - two on loan.

RL may have said that about his signings to keep people on their toes.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I think the key word in the article is 'could'.

Personally, I dont think Edwards would be shipped out. Been unlucky that he's had to cover RWB lately, and the consensus of the early games was that he was being substituted for fitness reasons.

I think however there could be a fair few Adams signed players who might be heading out the door in Janaury.

Sep 6, 2006
Edwards has been possibly played out of position. So unfair to criticise him. Even at Rwb scored 2 good goals at Crawley. I think Lowe may be disappointed with Mayor if he thought he was going to be as good as Lameiras. Course he is an important player but how many has he scored and how many assists. Not enough.
This talk about RWB shows just how far off the pace Tafari Moore is. Still not getting a look in. Terrible signing by Adams and obviously nobody wants to take him. Yet Adams played him for several games at start of last season. Wonder why we were losing every week?!.