Fan Unrest | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fan Unrest

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
Standing up vs sitting down, fan arguments with other fans and PAFC officials over this and that. Whilst I really do sympathise with those wanting to stand to watch a game (oh I do miss the 80’s and 90’s!), start winning on a regular basis again and surely most of this will blow over or at least calm down.

Perhaps the main reason for all the unrest over the last 12 months or so is largely frustration at our absolutely appalling form on the pitch. Since April 2018 we have won just 18 league games out of 64 (28% win ratio) and at “fortress” Home Park, a miserable 11 wins out of 31 (35% win ratio).

Grim reading and surely enough to make even the most optimistic Argyle fans feel pretty miserable at the moment!

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I agree. We all get grumpy when performances are poor. I don't think that's any reason to start a campaign against individuals at the club however.

Feb 23, 2008
I've said this on another thread but I think we are having a delayed relegation hangover.

For a club that got relegated the way it did the summer was full of optimism and positivity, almost felt like a new beginning rather than a step backwards.

Now it's evident we have the same issues as the previous seasons, and at the moment things aren't quite clicking, I think there's a little bit of a slump in enthusiasm and positivity.

The atmosphere on Saturday was terrible, it has that can't be arsed feel from the fans again like much of last season, can't remember we had a decent sing-song in the Demport.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Finally, some meaningful statistics.

Results have been poor for a long time and there has been no significant improvement to date under Lowe, despite the bold promises.

Despite relegation, there was a distinctly positive atmosphere around the club going into the new season, but that has all but evaporated due to a string of poor performances by the team and a Manager who has gone from being overly positive and constantly telling us how good the squad is, to now threatening to get rid of players wholesale after the latest disappointment.

Many of us find it hard to accept Argyle as a mid-table League 2 team who can't compete with the might of Cheltenham and Forrest Green, etc.

Ultimately, its events on the field that dictate the mood of the fanbase, not a lick of paint on an old stand.

At present, there is a lot of frustration when there should be a lot of optimism and the only thing that is going to change that is to start winning matches.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
demportdave":f07evwot said:

Results have been poor for a long time and there has been no significant improvement to date under Lowe, despite the bold promises.

Despite relegation, there was a distinctly positive atmosphere around the club going into the new season, but that has all but evaporated due to a string of poor performances by the team and a Manager who has gone from being overly positive and constantly telling us how good the squad is, to now threatening to get rid of players wholesale after the latest disappointment.

Many of us find it hard to accept Argyle as a mid-table League 2 team who can't compete with the might of Cheltenham and Forrest Green, etc.

Ultimately, its events on the field that dictate the mood of the fanbase, not a lick of paint on an old stand.

At present, there is a lot of frustration when there should be a lot of optimism and the only thing that is going to change that is to start winning matches.

Totally agree particularly the first comment

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Devizes Green":rgvs0gi7 said:
demportdave":rgvs0gi7 said:

Totally agree particularly the first comment

I should have added that as I live in Wiltshire,I am going to watch both games at Swindon this week and it will be interesting to see the response after the Scunthorpe match and RL's comments

Jun 27, 2019
StroudGreen":p8zo2ymj said:
Perhaps the main reason for all the unrest over the last 12 months or so is largely frustration at our absolutely appalling form on the pitch. Since April 2018 we have won just 18 league games out of 64 (28% win ratio) and at “fortress” Home Park, a miserable 11 wins out of 31 (35% win ratio).

Bloody hell that is appalling. What a time to be alive.

Things could get ugly if we lose at Swindon, given the huge away following and the likelihood of a few boozed-up excitable types that we saw at Accrington.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
StroudGreen":3nli4sic said:
Standing up vs sitting down, fan arguments with other fans and PAFC officials over this and that. Whilst I really do sympathise with those wanting to stand to watch a game (oh I do miss the 80’s and 90’s!), start winning on a regular basis again and surely most of this will blow over or at least calm down.

Grim reading and surely enough to make even the most optimistic Argyle fans feel pretty miserable at the moment!
Our home results in April, 2018 were 2 wins and a draw.

Your statistics are interesting but, maybe, it would be more relevant to compare our home record since we have only had support from 3 sides of the ground i.e. from the start of the 2018/19 season.

These league statistics show only 10 home wins from 28 games.
Maybe, we will have to wait until the grandstand re-opens in January for our home performances to improve.

Roll on January or sooner, if possible!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
davie nine":1l67dn8x said:
StroudGreen":1l67dn8x said:

Your statistics are interesting but, maybe, it would be more relevant to compare our home record since we have only had support from 3 sides of the ground i.e. from the start of the 2018/19 season.

Maybe, we will have to wait until the grandstand re-opens in January for our home performances to improve.

Are you expecting lots of singing and cheering from the people sitting in the new stand then? :funny:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Probably not, but with supporters closer to the dugouts and referee’s assistant, they may be able to ‘help’ with marginal decisions.

Jul 12, 2016
Talking about clutching at straws.I thought DA had used up all the excuses for us not winning home games but now you blame our performances on an unfinished grandstand !
The reason we are not winning games is because we have underperforming and mediocre players and poor tactics.

Oct 31, 2015
davie nine":1sow6xdj said:
StroudGreen":1sow6xdj said:

Davie

Didn't we get promoted under Sturrock with 3 X sides of the ground missing up until Christmas?

Admittedly we were all rammed behind the dug outs.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
rsp4":1cbyhxvd said:
davie nine":1cbyhxvd said:
StroudGreen":1cbyhxvd said:

Davie

Didn't we get promoted under Sturrock with 3 X sides of the ground missing up until Christmas?

Admittedly we were all rammed behind the dug outs.
I’m not arguing with you, mate. Had enough of that last season. At least, you haven’t told me to go and watch Leyton Orient.