Calum Dyson Retires | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Calum Dyson Retires

Dec 4, 2011
Best of luck to him!
Might have to work on some of his grammar before considering that next step.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Blimey that’s a shame.

Well that makes it very clear his injuries were the reason for his ‘failure’ here, rather than ability.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
To be told at 23 that your dream career is over must be very hard to take.

Best of luck Calum on whatever you do next.

Mar 23, 2008
Good luck to him, classy response from our twitter. Hope he finds something to drive him for his next chapter.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, a stupid post without a doubt.

I would also remind everyone that this is a football website and NOT a classroom.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Good luck to him.
The obvious questions that come to my mind are around whether he was injured when we signed him or afterwards. He completely struggled in pre-season friendlies when he first joined the club so was he actually fit to play then?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
The Doctor":28merhim said:
Good luck to him.
The obvious questions that come to my mind are around whether he was injured when we signed him or afterwards. He completely struggled in pre-season friendlies when he first joined the club so was he actually fit to play then?
Dyson mentioned on Twitter he has been trying to recover from the injury for 2 years which means he would have been injured when he signed for us.

Jun 27, 2019
Steve.PAFC2012":2onnv8ug said:
The Doctor":2onnv8ug said:
Good luck to him.
Dyson mentioned on Twitter he has been trying to recover from the injury for 2 years which means he would have been injured when he signed for us.

Doesn't say much for whatever medical he had, does it?

Anyway, that's all history now and you've got to feel sorry for him. He never had the quality to make it at Everton, but the way he played against us for Grimsby the day we lost the league title suggested he had a good future at lower-league level.

Jan 27, 2012
It just shows that footballers are not machines. If they are forced to train and play even though they are injured it can have long term consequences for them.

He must be gutted, I hope that Dyson can find an equally rewarding career- maybe staying in football in some capacity. He is clearly a very talented footballer as he would have never been on Everton’s books. Hopefully he can put all that experience to good use by coaching or similar.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":1zl0jplp said:
Steve.PAFC2012":1zl0jplp said:
The Doctor":1zl0jplp said:
Good luck to him.

Doesn't say much for whatever medical he had, does it?

Anyway, that's all history now and you've got to feel sorry for him. He never had the quality to make it at Everton, but the way he played against us for Grimsby the day we lost the league title suggested he had a good future at lower-league level.

yep he was very effective that day up top on his own