• Total voters

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Your thoughts, praise or criticism and marks out of 10 for today's referee Alan Young.
The majority of voting in previous home games:

Colchester - John Busby 7/10
L Orient - Antony Coggins 7/10
Salford - Sam Purkiss 5/10
Walsall - Josh Smith 1/10
Reading - Kevin Johnson 8/10
Oldham - Will Finnie 4/10
Cheltenham - Scott Oldham 1/10
Scunthorpe - Andy Woolmer 8/10

Jan 29, 2010
Overall quite poor. Silly bookings in first half, then let similar fouls go unpunished in second.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
4/10 for me, a typical 4th division ref.

The lino Lyndy side was a 2/10.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":w9ej579d said:

This I can definitely agree on.
He was a younger looking lino than previous weeks but every bit as bad. Foul play going on immediately in front of him was ignored whereas he was totally eagle eyed apparently when it came to offsides.

Also is there some sort of new rule I've missed this season. I ask because I thought it was the team in possession's perogative if they stopped play when one of their number was injured (in the case of non head related injury)?
If so then why did the ref halt a promising Argyle move when McFadzean was down with a leg injury, completely nullifying the attack?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge":11dty3kf said:
Didn’t think Rudden deserved a yellow, thought he clearly won the ball.

Pulling of shirts he regarded as a 'skill' to be admired and rewarded.
Winning the ball fairly in a proper tackle? Definite yellow!!
Numpty! .... again!! :facepalm:

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Bloody useless. Always seemed eager to punish us, even when no foul had occurred.

3/10

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
I saw this totally differently to the thread so far. I thought he let a lot go that benefitted the flow of the game, and I agreed with most of his calls.

I prefer a ref that allows a bit of contact between players rather than blowing up every 2 minutes. Also thought Rudden was rightly booked when he went to ground in the tackle. He definitely won the ball but there was a lot of man in there too and think him winning the ball was an incidental finding

Nov 9, 2008
up_the_line":3k0osudv said:
IJN":3k0osudv said:

This I can definitely agree on.
He was a younger looking lino than previous weeks but every bit as bad. Foul play going on immediately in front of him was ignored whereas he was totally eagle eyed apparently when it came to offsides.

Also is there some sort of new rule I've missed this season. I ask because I thought it was the team in possession's perogative if they stopped play when one of their number was injured (in the case of non head related injury)?
If so then why did the ref halt a promising Argyle move when McFadzean was down with a leg injury, completely nullifying the attack?

Fadz got up as soon as the ref went over. If he didn’t want the game to be stopped, he should have got up earlier.

Feb 10, 2019
GreenDave1981":37gln5on said:
I saw this totally differently to the thread so far. I thought he let a lot go that benefitted the flow of the game, and I agreed with most of his calls.

I prefer a ref that allows a bit of contact between players rather than blowing up every 2 minutes. Also thought Rudden was rightly booked when he went to ground in the tackle. He definitely won the ball but there was a lot of man in there too and think him winning the ball was an incidental finding
This is what I saw as well. Most of his decisions were fair enough. One or two were a bit puzzling but you will get that with every referee.