Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 20 October | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 20 October

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

Ryan Lowe talks about the win against Carlisle ... club website

Attendances at Home Park have steadily fallen with 8,446 at yesterday's game against Carlisle the lowest of the season so far, although the average attendance of 9,518 is still the second highest in League Two behind Bradford City.
Home Park attendances:
Colchester 10,542
Salford 11,405
Walsall 9,337
Oldham 9,061
Cheltenham 8,956
Scunthorpe 8,880
Carlisle 8,446

The club explain why stewards were present around block 3 before yesterday's game ...
From Plymouth Live - “We have received significant correspondence this season from supporters who have found the seat for which they have bought a ticket occupied when they arrive at the ground.
“We therefore decided to help the matchday experience of all of our supporters by making sure that tickets were thoroughly checked, and employed extra stewards to assist this.”
Lego Home Park ...

Injury update: Ryan Lowe is hopeful striker Dom Telford will be fit to be included in the squad for the Exeter City game.
Midfielder Jose Baxter is struggling with a calf injury and has had another scan. At this stage it is unknown when he will return from injury.

Argyle 2 - 0 Carlisle extended highlights.... You Tube

Screenshot-20191020-141159-Twitter.jpg

Screenshot-20191020-141253-Twitter.jpg

New signing Billy Clarke talks about his move to Home Park.... club website

The Argyle ladies team win 2-1 away to Cardiff City.

Carlisle manager Steven Pressley talked about the defeat to Argyle ... Carlisle club website
“If you look at them, apart from one or two early moments they didn’t carve out many chances. From that perspective there are some real positives to take from the game.”

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Dont buy this 'significant correspondence' bit. For reasons not obvious to many, the club appear to be on an anti-fan mission, particularly if they show any signs of passion. Can't help but think you only notice an experienced hand at the exec level when they have been disposed with.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Just one example: 7 members of my family have bought season tickets in block 3 for several seasons now and spanning 3 generations understandably like to sit together. When they turn up and find several of the seats they chose and paid for up front filled by strangers is it not reasonable for them to feel aggrieved.
They have never complained or written to the club, on the occasions it has happened a polite request has resolved things satisfactorily. I guess others have not been so fortunate and felt it necessary to complain.

May 16, 2016
Duncan Rice":27xaagg8 said:
Dont buy this 'significant correspondence' bit. For reasons not obvious to many, the club appear to be on an anti-fan mission, particularly if they show any signs of passion. Can't help but think you only notice an experienced hand at the exec level when they have been disposed with.

It's always someone else's fault isnt it ?

Dec 16, 2004
Duncan Rice":1nqyxp0k said:

Or pro-fan if the objective is to ensure that if you have bought a ticket for a specific seat then you will be able to sit in it!

Aug 4, 2011
PMPilgrim":2qob4g6o said:
I still don’t understand why you can’t be passionate sat down.

Go to an NFL, NBA, Twickenham or even a Raiders game and see loud, intimidating stadiums where everyone sits!
Yeah cos swing low sweet chariot is so intimidating.
Watch the x factor (if you can last more than 5 minutes) why do all singers stand and not sit?

Fair play to the club actually communicating the reason for the stewarding this time. Probably should have done it proactively rather than reactively but at least it makes sense

Aug 4, 2011
PMPilgrim":14sjsv89 said:
Are you serious?

Professional singers stand to help the visual performance. It shows off their outfits and lets them flaunt

Elton John often sits playing the piano signing and it doesn’t bother him!
Yes I am serious. Many football chants are not just a song - hand / arm gestures are often involved, hence why sitting and singing them is not as effective

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Duncan Rice":968zwwu3 said:

I wouldn`t be so paranoid if people didn`t keep picking on me. :whistle:

Sep 6, 2006
football-bet-data":2xotwuud said:
PMPilgrim":2xotwuud said:

Go to an NFL, NBA, Twickenham or even a Raiders game and see loud, intimidating stadiums where everyone sits!
Watch the x factor (if you can last more than 5 minutes) why do all singers stand and not sit?

Fair play to the club actually communicating the reason for the stewarding this time. Probably should have done it proactively rather than reactively but at least it makes sense

So home park is compare to the xfactor. Heard it all now :funny:

Jan 2, 2019
Twickenham is in no way shape or form intimidating. That’s unless you get in the way of a drunk rugby fan with a giant foam hand.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":3hgir1pt said:
football-bet-data":3hgir1pt said:
PMPilgrim":3hgir1pt said:

So home park is compare to the xfactor. Heard it all now :funny:

To be fair, some of our Supporters do come across as Divas at times.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I think that the reference to X Factor was to point out that standing makes singing easier. I know most can see that, but just to make it clear for the hard of understanding.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PMPilgrim":814ulfq9 said:

:facepalm:

Really?

Football IS tribal, I'm not sure that Twickers or the Raiders can really be categorised as that can they?

I will admit I've never been to either, but from what I've casually seen on glimpses on TV, neither one can't be compared to our marvellous game. Far too 'cosy' for my taste.

I love footie, love the humour, I even love the bad language and (sometimes) bad feeling during the game, but at the end of the 90 minutes (or in Wycombe's case 98) it's all over and done with and the football family is at one again.

Recent events at Bury and Leicester prove we all have the same feelings about our game.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
PMPilgrim":2iahpx2w said:

I was at LA Chargers in NFL a couple of weeks ago and the announcer was complaining that everyone was sitting and encouraged everyone to stand!