Finley's Match report- Carlisle United | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Finley's Match report- Carlisle United

Oct 18, 2019
Home Win, At Last!

Argyle 2 – Carlisle Utd 0

By Finley Allen

A much needed 3 points for Argyle who ended a winless home run which stretched back to 24th August, bringing back the winning feeling to Home Park.

The first half, by all means, was not a great performance, but after a period of sustained pressure, Agryle went 1-0 up through Joel Grant, in the 22ND minute.
This was a very poor Carlisle side who created little problems for Argyle throughout the 90 minutes. However, the same continued pattern of Argyle moving the ball too slowly, with little movement off the ball, hampered our progress and Argyle will need to perform much better on Tuesday and especially in Saturday’s Devon Derby, if they hope to pick up the maximum points available this coming week.

George Cooper filled in well for the suspended Danny Mayor, who was not sorely missed. However, against better opposition, such as Leyton Orient on Tuesday, his skills could be pivotal to Argyle’s attacking threat. Will Aimson was dropped for Niall Canavan who impressed when he came on against Swindon last week. Today he had a quiet performance, which perhaps points to a job well done.

Moving into the 2nd half, Argyle picked up the intensity, slightly, as Carlisle once again struggled to get into the game, with Alex Palmer barely being tested, with just 2 opposition shots on target all game. special mention must go to both the goal scorers, “Sarc” and Joel Grant who removed from their goal, kept up the intensity running their socks off. Joel came off for his namesake Josh, who was brought on to see out the win. Whilst Zac Rudden, who also worked hard, came off for the returning Byron Moore who looked typically sharp, injecting energy into a tired side. As for the last of the substitutions George Cooper gave way for debutant, Billy Clarke, who’d only signed this morning and for his 10 minutes on the pitch looked hungry with an impressive first touch. In the dying seconds Sarc got his reward and capped off a much needed win for Argyle who move up to 8th. He scored with a typically thunderous strike. This will be a big confidence boost for the squad going into two very important fixtures.

My man of the match – Antoni Sarcevic. Argyle performance overall, 6.5 / 10.

Oct 16, 2016
Wootton, dear lord Wootton

In the inimitable words of one Mr Gump ‘That’s all I have to say on that’

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Nice report Finley, I agree with most of that. A good debut!

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
That's more how I saw the game than perhaps what's in the Brief Synoposis thread.

I think Toni is having his best spell for us so far. I dont know what else to say about Super Joe Edwards? He's definitely a CM and not a RB.

Carlisles 2 best chances hit the crossbar and one of those was a cross gone wrong.

I felt we were the better side. Work to be done but it's coming together.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Nice one Finley! :clap:

Feb 10, 2019
A decent match report Finley. Not sure I agree with all of it but that’s the nature of being a football fan.

Are you related to Anthony Allen by any chance?

Aug 11, 2013
Shankster":9tsum83y said:
Wootton, dear lord Wootton

In the inimitable words of one Mr Gump ‘That’s all I have to say on that’

A wag who sits near me has took to nicknaming him ‘Wootton-earth’

as in what in earth is he doing !

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Well done Finley, look forward to Tuesday's report as I am away. :scarf: