:banghead:

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Much rebuilding and clearing out to be done.

Jul 12, 2016
There is no way that this team would get promoted via the play offs. If by a stroke of luck we fluked it these players are a team of bottlers. Where are the "die for the shirt" players?
We have not had any since the Wembley debacle.We have no leaders in out team .Oh to have Sonny Bradley back!
The current team and manager have no empathy with the club.
Lets be honest if Bury had not been in trouble you would not have had Lowe or his old players anywhere near the club.
You can only go so far with b...s..t

Aug 11, 2013
No matter who replaced Adams this was always going to be a transition season and the sooner fans come to terms with that reality then the easier these results are to take. One week we have everyone wetting their pants after a win and Lowe is the messiah. The next week we flop and he is told to F off back to Bury! and he’s a very naughty boy.

I’ve not warmed to Lowe.

He made two monumental naive mistakes this week. First: This was just another game ! Perhaps he was trying to take the pressure of the players but this has backfired big time.

The second massive mistake before a Derby game is to give the opposition manager some ammunition to motivate his players. So I was cringing when he said: ‘Matty [Taylor] has done a terrific job up there. It’s a club that, without being disrespectful, it’s not like an Argyle, you know what I mean?’

If you’re Matty Taylor you pin that to the notice board all week and your job is done! Basic football management skills sadly absent.

Lowe needs to go back to football management school and read the textbook on local derbies.

Lowe’s mouth moves before his brain is engaged quite often. Maybe they fall for that stuff up north. His whole manner reinforces Scouse stereotypes for me.

Adams for all his faults - got Argyle. Not sure Lowe does ?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I like the 3-1-4-2 style and would be my preference BUT we need to adapt if we aren’t getting any joy. We have to have the ability to change formation to suit games that are more fluid, more direct or more physical.

This idea of ‘this is our style and we won’t change’ attitude is naive and disappointing.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
Fully understand his first season with new team etc but to be hammered by them means he now has to win promotion to be accepted

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
jespafc":3su2xt7e said:
I dunno why everyone's panicking....only one team go down, so I'm very confident we'll survive this year.

COYG

Yeah that’s the spirit :facepalm:

Jan 27, 2012
calmdown.png

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Okay, so through gritted teeth we can only congratulate Matt Taylor and his side. Today they were by far the better side and won very convincingly and possibly it was the fault of RL that didn’t build the game up and the players for collectively giving up after the second goal went in. Not there but on the radio it was already being said that Argyle weren’t coming back from 2 down let alone 3... I mean 4 down.

But you know, in the aftermath it must be said it is only a game out of a series of games and still 30+ to go before we have to accept our fate. Nobody died (okay, some people somewhere died but not as a direct result of the game score).

I had an im from Satisfied in Southway (name check Adrian, you’re not getting away with that) extoling the genus of Ryan Lowe. Now, call me suspicious but I think he might have been being sarcastic but anyway, where was the im on Tuesday about the genuine genius of RL or on Saturday for that matter. We have more than enough opportunities to wipe this game from our psyche and to push back and up the table.

The reality is, it was one game out of 46 and we know we can do better as we proved earlier this week and at Crewe on the first day of the season.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
arrythewurzel":21ucw693 said:
No matter who replaced Adams this was always going to be a transition season and the sooner fans come to terms with that reality then the easier these results are to take. One week we have everyone wetting their pants after a win and Lowe is the messiah. The next week we flop and he is told to F off back to Bury! and he’s a very naughty boy.

I’ve not warmed to Lowe.

He made two monumental naive mistakes this week. First: This was just another game ! Perhaps he was trying to take the pressure of the players but this has backfired big time.

The second massive mistake before a Derby game is to give the opposition manager some ammunition to motivate his players. So I was cringing when he said: ‘Matty [Taylor] has done a terrific job up there. It’s a club that, without being disrespectful, it’s not like an Argyle, you know what I mean?’

If you’re Matty Taylor you pin that to the notice board all week and your job is done! Basic football management skills sadly absent.

Lowe needs to go back to football management school and read the textbook on local derbies.

Lowe’s mouth moves before his brain is engaged quite often. Maybe they fall for that stuff up north. His whole manner reinforces Scouse stereotypes for me.

Adams for all his faults - got Argyle. Not sure Lowe does ?

I think he 'gets' Argyle, but he has not quite 'got' the fact that the Club is bigger and better than the team he has currently put together. I just think RL is lucky to have been appointed to such a fine club, with a now superb stadium, a sensible Chairman and with a sound financial base. These characteristics do not automatically ensure on-field associated glory, so RL should not automatically think promotion is a certainty with the team he has so far mustered. It will be interesting to see what transpires in the next transfer window, but he will need to dispose of players in order to release wage payments for new ones. With contracts at this 4th level of the FL, this is not as simple as is thought.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I think we give too much credence to Exeter City as a "rival". To me they are just another League Two team who make rare appearances in League One and the National League. They can obviously never match our history and nor, with their ownership setup, match what will inevitably be our rosier future. We have the owner and infrastructure to make steady progress to the Championship, whether we will remain there is another question - answers on a postcard. I understand and agree that it was not just the defeat but the manner of the loss, treat it as a FA Cup tie where the minnows play out of their collective skins and dispose of their bigger opponents. I think that come May we will be up there looking down to them. :scarf:

Dec 3, 2005
I accept the point that RL didn't get the importance to the Green Army of the Exeter game. No doubt he would if it was Bury v Bolton.
Hopefully he and the team will get it now!!
We are 7 points off top spot and 13 points above bottom spot. Hopefully this result will be a kick up the backside to RL AND the players! Maybe the result yesterday, however painful it was, could be the reality check - kick up the backside, whatever, Argyle needed. The honeymoon is definitely over, its now for the Manager and players to step up to the plate and show some effort and passion. All this fist pumping in front of the supporters when we win, dosent wash, when RL walks straight down the tunnel when we lose.
:scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Agree with the last post. Lowe should have faced the music with his players at the end yesterday. That’s what leadership is about.
I’m a big Ryan Lowe fan and some of the people calling for him to be sacked are completely out of touch.

I have said before though that the constant singing of his name is a touch embarrassing, particularly as the players hardly have their names sung at all. That fact alone can cause resentment when the chips are down and his vanishing act yesterday will have been noted and commented on by any dissenting voices in the dressing room (probably behind his back).

Ryan Lowe has a lot to learn about management, for instance how not to pile pressure on your top player by saying he’s better than previous top players.

However, his promotion at Bury was not a fluke and he deserves to be supported until such time as he proved he is not worthy. Yesterday was a massive blip, but that time is not now. :scarf: