Changes for next week | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Changes for next week

Oct 5, 2013
Obviously some changes are needed.
I’d leave out Josh Grant, and I think bring in Cooper as keeper.
What do others think?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
It's a real shame because the first game he played Josh Grant looked so assured on the ball. But since then he's just become a liability.

I wonder, though, whether it would have been any different if we had Wootton available. Didn't seem like there was the passion today.

I'd definitely keep Palmer in, yes he shipped 4 today but was there much he could have done about them?

Play Cooper and Mayor together from the start. Drop Josh Grant (just put him on a coach back to Chelsea - or better still he can go back with the on Tuesday), Wootton back in (never thought I'd say that), or have Aimson in that spot.

I wonder whether Byron is fit enough to start, he and Joel with their speed should be a good combination.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Rudden has been a let down for me - he's a trier but offers less than Taylor. He's had his chance and hasnt shown anything. We need Telford and Baxter back ASAP and give Moore another go .... need a couple of half decent defenders too.... and Mayor is either carrying an injury (in which case rest him properly) or he needs a kick up the backside.

Mar 1, 2008
Stop playing 3 at the back!!

Why ,when our centre backs are so poor, would you choose to select 3 of them?!!

Aug 27, 2016
I Would scrap the whole back line, frustration for me was Sawyer taking free kicks and passing every one backward even though being two goals down and then three goals down, an absolute disgrace.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ave_IT":1zmfzlzv said:
Rudden has been a let down for me - he's a trier but offers less than Taylor. He's had his chance and hasnt shown anything. We need Telford and Baxter back ASAP and give Moore another go .... need a couple of half decent defenders too.... and Mayor is either carrying an injury (in which case rest him properly) or he needs a kick up the backside.

Have you watched Taylor this season? I have thought myself that Rudden may not be up to it, but he is more of a handful than Taylor I’m afraid, who seems like yesterdays man. My view is that neither of them will be in the side once Telford is fit.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Definitely got to make changes,obviously.not blaming Palmer at all but it is high time for me that we start playing some of our lads that have been through our youth set up otherwise what is the point.I would start Cooper for Palmer,Aimson for Josh Grant,Randell for Edwards,Mayor for Riley and Lolos for Rudden.I would also have Fletcher ready on the bench.I feel that Mr. Lowe needs to have a frank discussion with his assistants,for me,Mr. Schumacher is all he should need,i would dispense with Mr. Nancekivell and Mr. Wilmott.I think the goalies can "coach " each other in training.I still have no idea what the fine fellow Mr. Nancekivell does.Finally,an old chestnut for me from last season,the players don't look to be in tip top condition.have a word with the strength and conditioning coach please Mr. Lowe.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PMPilgrim":3hcd72wc said:
This could be the beginning of the end for Lowe.

Argyle managers generally don’t recover from abject performances at Exeter.

Edited your quote but which Argyle managers are you thinking of?

To those suggesting changes, we have a game on Tuesday to factor in too. Not sure we have many options we haven't already tried though - certainly defensively.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Steve Evans":txiij610 said:
Definitely got to make changes,obviously.not blaming Palmer at all but it is high time for me that we start playing some of our lads that have been through our youth set up otherwise what is the point.I would start Cooper for Palmer,Aimson for Josh Grant,Randell for Edwards,Mayor for Riley and Lolos for Rudden.I would also have Fletcher ready on the bench.I feel that Mr. Lowe needs to have a frank discussion with his assistants,for me,Mr. Schumacher is all he should need,i would dispense with Mr. Nancekivell and Mr. Wilmott.I think the goalies can "coach " each other in training.I still have no idea what the fine fellow Mr. Nancekivell does.Finally,an old chestnut for me from last season,the players don't look to be in tip top condition.have a word with the strength and conditioning coach please Mr. Lowe.

Top post. Let’s become the only EFL club without a goalkeeping coach. :banghead:

Jan 2, 2019
Ave_IT":1pa93ncr said:

Is the circus on town? We appear to have a clown in the house

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PMPilgrim":3nn8zan8 said:
cheshiregreen":3nn8zan8 said:
PMPilgrim":3nn8zan8 said:

To those suggesting changes, we have a game on Tuesday to factor in too. Not sure we have many options we haven't already tried though - certainly defensively.

I never trusted the Shelton team again after losing on Boxing Day one year....and I was right.

Do you mean the 3-0 home loss to Alan Ball's Grecians. That, I think, was an Easter game but I take the point. Although we bounced back to win at the Hawthorns the next game.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PMPilgrim":17df0w1m said:
cheshiregreen":17df0w1m said:
PMPilgrim":17df0w1m said:

I never trusted the Shelton team again after losing on Boxing Day one year....and I was right.

I have always read your posts avidly and I have to say I don’t like you one bit. I can’t stand the negativity you bring to the party and I can’t stand that you wish ill to be proven right even if it be one game out of 46 you’ll pick up on one little thing to try and make your point. Why wasn’t today’s loss as bad as the last two games were good. It’s how he and the team respond to today’s debacle that will decide whether you’re wrong or even wronger.

Oct 5, 2013
Hi PMPilgrim, I think your points are perfectly valid.
The good thing is when RL’s team plays well it is really good to watch and highly effective, so I am hopeful.
Hope he can get it working well for next match, think it’s good we have a midweek game as will give opportunity to give some of those who deserve it a chance.

Think Cooper should definitely play on Tuesday, and if does well then keep his place, he looks like he’d be a good outfield player to me and his distribution is definitely better than the incumbent keeper whose confidence must be affected by today’s thrashing and some other poor results this season.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PMPilgrim":1htscxbs said:
I guess I struggle to see many positives when we are 10th in division 4 having just been hammered by our local rivals.

4-0 did not flatter them. Do you disagree?

A club like Argyle should not have fans saying "we won the last 2 home games against poor teams so you can't be critical"

We are almost in the bottom half of division 4. We are closer to Macclesfied, who have no fans and no money, than Exeter.

I'm sorry that I am not in the happy clappy club but I don't see much to be happy about.

If Lowe had said, "This club gets to the Championship on the back of our youth policy and there are going to be some tough days" then I'd accept that. But we aren't. He has signed what looks like a bunch of players not too much better than what left.

And as for Lowe saying Mayor was better than Carey and Lameiras.......I felt that was disrespectful to two of the best Argyle players of the past 10 years. He also said this week something like "The Exeter manager is doing a good job but they aren't Argyle are they".

Of the team today, the vast majority were signed by Lowe and knows how he wants them to play as they played for him last year.

Give me something to be positive about and I will.

What manager said we’ll get to the championship on the backs of youth development?

Exeter City’s youth have served them well to a point. Little money for Watkins when he went to Brentford who now seem to want to keep him and even less for Ampadu from Chelsea. The likes of Grimes and Sercombe aimed high and failed and didn’t drag in any extra money. They have to sell their youth every year to break even and i’m not sure who they need to sell this year as no-one seems to have broken through as before.

As for where we are, can we change that seeing as DA took us right back to where he found us and yet you expect more in 3-4 months from RL than you did in 3 years from DA.

As for Carey and Lameiras, so what? He was bigging up a player that was going to play for us rather than two who weren’t and by my reckoning, neither player did anything in the last couple of seasons until December/January so Mayor has time on his side there. In particular Lameiras, each of the last two seasons DA was loathe to play him and was looking to farm him out when he came good, and tha5 from the manager that bought him. Pound for pound I bet we have a better player in Mayor.

When we were poo under DA, it was blamed on an injury crisis, so why can’t the same be said of this team, we haven’t seen the best of this team with Telford and to a lesser extent Aimson in the side for any length of time.

You can’t have it both ways and celebrate DA’s half season wonders and not have time for RL’s. So what we lost to Exeter, it’s whether RL learns from it that is important. If it happens that this team never wins another game then that will sort itself out but it’s one game ffs.