December 25th 1925 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

December 25th 1925

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
The last time we lost by four goals to Exeter in a league match. (In all competitions?)

December 25th 1925
4-0 away to Exeter
Attendance 8901

October 26th 2019
4-0 away to Exeter
Attendance 7924

Biggest defeat in 94 years.

A real Lowe in Argyle’s history

Mar 23, 2019
Friends at the game said they werent up for it. How?! How does that happen. If they can’t be up for that game then wtf are they up for. Its a disgrace if that is true.

Aug 5, 2016
Lowe was obviously trying to take the pressure off the players and it backfired massively. Our worst result in nearly 100 years. The Peaky Blinders were out thieving on the streets and the Wall St Crash hadn't yet happened the last time Argyle played that badly in this fixture. Prohibition was in its heyday, and Al Capone had just become mafia boss of Chicago aged 26. Charlie Chaplin was making silent films in Hollywood, Winston Churchill was Chancellor of the Exchequer in Stanley Baldwin's government. The Suffragettes were still campaigning for equal voting rights with men.

Hopefully it will be another 94 years before Argyle fans have to witness such an inept derby performance.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Im not having any of this “they weren’t up for it” rubbish. Course they were up for it. They’re professional footballers, in a local derby, in a good run of form.

Exeter were better. Simple as.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
good god, its a bloody football match not the end of the world, get a grip.

Dec 21, 2015
Taylor619":219f4srp said:
Friends at the game said they werent up for it. How?! How does that happen. If they can’t be up for that game then wtf are they up for. Its a disgrace if that is true.

Friends at the game said....

Heresay if you were not there how can you comment

That's like saying I read it on the internet so it must be true

The players were up for it just Exshitter got the breaks at the right times

Had sarsavic scored to put us 1 up after 20 mins different game but the penalty and the fluke goal early 2nd half meant we were chasing the game

As much as I feel Exshitter dictated the entire game they still played us on the break for all their goals

It's one result we move on as there is a bigger picture of the whole season to focus on - some seemed stuck forever in a whirlpool of dejection and that the entire season is now over and we should all just give up now ... Have a word with yourselfs

I live and work in Exshitter - had to watch the match from the big bank among the home fans

The atmosphere they created was brilliant Argyle fans were drowned out completely

I was called out within 15 mins of being an Argyle fan, suffered no abuse or anger aimed at me in fact I shook the fans around me hand at the end and said correct not the outcome i wanted, shrugged my shoulders and walked off through the crowds celebrating like they had won the 500m lottery jackpot.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
fluke goal early 2nd half

That makes it sound like a speculative cross hit an Argyle player on the backside and rolled over the line when in reality it was a well rehearsed set-piece move from Exeter that left Josh Grant floundering.
In game time Grant made a huge mistake for the first goal just a few minutes previously and should not have come out for the second half. His head was gone and those two mistakes cost us.

I think we have a team with a soft underbelly who when the chips are down go missing.
We haven't yet come from behind to win a league game this season.

Mar 23, 2019
TonyD":1a81imuj said:
Taylor619":1a81imuj said:

Friends at the game said....

Heresay if you were not there how can you comment

That's like saying I read it on the internet so it must be true

The players were up for it just Exshitter got the breaks at the right times

Had sarsavic scored to put us 1 up after 20 mins different game but the penalty and the fluke goal early 2nd half meant we were chasing the game

As much as I feel Exshitter dictated the entire game they still played us on the break for all their goals

It's one result we move on as there is a bigger picture of the whole season to focus on - some seemed stuck forever in a whirlpool of dejection and that the entire season is now over and we should all just give up now ... Have a word with yourselfs

I live and work in Exshitter - had to watch the match from the big bank among the home fans

The atmosphere they created was brilliant Argyle fans were drowned out completely

I was called out within 15 mins of being an Argyle fan, suffered no abuse or anger aimed at me in fact I shook the fans around me hand at the end and said correct not the outcome i wanted, shrugged my shoulders and walked off through the crowds celebrating like they had won the 500m lottery jackpot.

I have no reason not to believe them. But then opinions arent facts are they.

Mar 23, 2019
Taylor619":16kzm82e said:
TonyD":16kzm82e said:
Taylor619":16kzm82e said:

The atmosphere they created was brilliant Argyle fans were drowned out completely.

Oh and maybe you should start going in their home end more if you are going have your head shoved - Removed by Site Admin.

Aug 12, 2018
Taylor619":2zbhxhr4 said:
TonyD":2zbhxhr4 said:

The atmosphere they created was brilliant Argyle fans were drowned out completely.

Oh and maybe you should start going in their home end more if you are going have your head shoved - Removed by Site Admin

No need for that.

I was there in the Grandstand, and the Big Bank did drown out the Argyle fans. So what .... they won 4-0 against their biggest rivals .... hardly unexpected. :doh:

Were you one of numpties sing “Michael Jackson he’s one of your own “ ?

This hilarious ditty is based on anti Leeds chant “Jimmy Saville he’s one your own” ....... this only works in the favour of the delivering fans if they don’t represent the place where the UK’s worst female peadophile came from :facepalm:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
TruroTerry":14rvru2g said:
Taylor619":14rvru2g said:
TonyD":14rvru2g said:

Oh and maybe you should start going in their home end more if you are going have your head shoved - Removed by Site Admin

No need for that.

I was there in the Grandstand, and the Big Bank did drown out the Argyle fans. So what .... they won 4-0 against their biggest rivals .... hardly unexpected. :doh:

Were you one of numpties sing “Michael Jackson he’s one of your own “ ?

This hilarious ditty is based on anti Leeds chant “Jimmy Saville he’s one your own” ....... this only works in the favour of the delivering fans if they don’t represent the place where the UK’s worst female peadophile came from :facepalm:

He wasn't even there Terry but seems to have a lot to say about the game!

:sigh:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":cutk3yp8 said:

That makes it sound like a speculative cross hit an Argyle player on the backside and rolled over the line when in reality it was a well rehearsed set-piece move from Exeter that left Josh Grant floundering.
In game time Grant made a huge mistake for the first goal just a few minutes previously and should not have come out for the second half. His head was gone and those two mistakes cost us.

I think we have a team with a soft underbelly who when the chips are down go missing.

For me Sawyer was the most to blame for giving away a needless FK in a dangerous area.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":3054bsr8 said:

We’ve also won every game where we’ve scored first I think?

May 1, 2011
Lancastergreen":y3gqfhhu said:
good god, its a bloody football match not the end of the world, get a grip.

On a football forum people express strong opinions about football. Shock horror.