my take on some fans | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

my take on some fans

May 28, 2019
ok yesterday , im not going to go into the actual match , result, we all know what happened and how some of us feel.i am going to tell you about argyle fans of a certain age group , Millennials, yes young men aged 20 to 30 ish, who think the world owes them something,yesterday travelling to exeter and around the town they were there in their numbers having the odd drink, and can only sing one song "ryan loweeee ryan loweee ryan loweeee ryan loweee", taking pictures making sure it was on facebook and twitter letting everyone know in their online world, what a good time they were having,come 3-0 down the attitude changed to ryan lowe out , you bunch of c***s , what is this sh*t , amongst other rubbish we have all heard before, and onto their beloved facebook and twitter to let they digital friends know who aggrieved they are, and how bad they feel , because they do not deserve that, fickle?maybe, me being a old git ,maybe, but i do not like this form of the argyle fan,

Jun 27, 2019
greybeard-kernow":2vudbtlg said:
ok yesterday , im not going to go into the actual match , result, we all know what happened and how some of us feel.i am going to tell you about argyle fans of a certain age group , Millennials, yes young men aged 20 to 30 ish, who think the world owes them something,yesterday travelling to exeter and around the town they were there in their numbers having the odd drink, and can only sing one song "ryan loweeee ryan loweee ryan loweeee ryan loweee", taking pictures making sure it was on facebook and twitter letting everyone know in their online world, what a good time they were having,come 3-0 down the attitude changed to ryan lowe out , you bunch of c***s , what is this sh*t , amongst other rubbish we have all heard before, and onto their beloved facebook and twitter to let they digital friends know who aggrieved they are, and how bad they feel , because they do not deserve that, fickle?maybe, me being a old git ,maybe, but i do not like this form of the argyle fan,

People don't live their experiences any more - they have one foot in the real world and the other in the digital one. That's just the modern world, and it'll probably only get worse the more connected we get.

That said, the reception the players got at the end yesterday was deserved. Promotion is way, way more important than beating them up the road, but the fans should never accept a surrender against them. If the players didn't know that before the match then they certainly knew it after.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
We’ve just been stuffed by our local rivals but yeah let’s have a go at the fans that dared to have a good time before the match and then dared to voice an opinion at the end.

If you’re gonna question fan behaviour, ask those that applauded at the end exactly why they were clapping...

Mar 14, 2009
greybeard-kernow":2oz88927 said:

Totally agree.

People talk about this match meaning something. Yet you have to separate those it means to in terms of a game of football and those it means to so they can “banter” (I believe they call it) over the opposition but in a very aggressive way.

I’m afraid there are a growing amount of people who feel “the world owes them something” and because of this there attitude stinks. You have to blame the people who raised them and the people who govern society for creating this type of mentality.

I’m afraid it’s here to stay sadly because there are enough of them that think this is the type of attitude to have and they are aggressive enough with it to be the vocal minority.

Jun 27, 2019
Metal_Green_Mickey":1kwhyuzi said:
greybeard-kernow":1kwhyuzi said:

Totally agree.

People talk about this match meaning something. Yet you have to separate those it means to in terms of a game of football and those it means to so they can “banter” (I believe they call it) over the opposition but in a very aggressive way.

I’m afraid there are a growing amount of people who feel “the world owes them something” and because of this there attitude stinks. You have to blame the people who raised them and the people who govern society for creating this type of mentality.

I’m afraid it’s here to stay sadly because there are enough of them that think this is the type of attitude to have and they are aggressive enough with it to be the vocal minority.

Haven't football supporters always wanted their team to win? Haven't they always reacted angrily when they get hammered?

I'm slightly bemused that this is being described as some kind of modern-day phenomenon. I remember standing on away terraces as a young lad (30-odd years ago) while grown men around me got all hot under the collar after a bad defeat. I don't see anything different today, other than the addition of mobile phones and social media.

Mar 14, 2009
WoodsyGreen":4orudy2o said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":4orudy2o said:
greybeard-kernow":4orudy2o said:

Totally agree.

Haven't football supporters always wanted their team to win? Haven't they always reacted angrily when they get hammered?

I'm slightly bemused that this is being described as some kind of modern-day phenomenon. I remember standing on away terraces as a young lad (30-odd years ago) while grown men around me got all hot under the collar after a bad defeat. I don't see anything different today, other than the addition of mobile phones and social media.

Personally l don’t think it’s a modern day phenomenon because unfortunately those people from that era had children and ended up raising them to think their behaviour is correct and it spills into the future generations.

Racism's now just as big an issue as it was then. Why is that? Simply because those people have been educated, influenced and taught by those around them to think it’s ok to act and speak the way they do. If you don’t agree with them chances are they are going to threaten you physically/verbally. That’s why it carries on because people are scared to challenge these people because they know the outcome if they do.

l go to particular games and you know the ones classed as the “bigger” games and many times home or away l see people more interested in picking a fight with rival supporters than they do watching the football.

Just think it’s sad people have so much aggressive behaviour inside them.

May 22, 2006
greybeard-kernow":174bdvq6 said:

Yeah because fans getting angry and shouting at their own players is totally a new thing.

Didn't happen in the eighties at all. All those pitch invasions were just make-believe.

Sorry granddad, behaviours are learned, and your generation set an awful example. You reap what you sew.

May 16, 2016
Ham Green":23ow4hse said:
greybeard-kernow":23ow4hse said:

Yeah because fans getting angry and shouting at their own players is totally a new thing.

Didn't happen in the eighties at all. All those pitch invasions were just make-believe.

Sorry granddad, behaviours are learned, and your generation set an awful example. You reap what you sew.

Sow.

May 28, 2019
Sam Barker":2p65pvsj said:
We’ve just been stuffed by our local rivals but yeah let’s have a go at the fans that dared to have a good time before the match and then dared to voice an opinion at the end.

If you’re gonna question fan behaviour, ask those that applauded at the end exactly why they were clapping...
read it through, and its certain fans i am talking about not all, truth hurts

May 1, 2011
greybeard-kernow":2ie6oprp said:
Sam Barker":2ie6oprp said:

Truth or bizarre ramblings?
You might have just written in my day....

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
greybeard-kernow":3lskblug said:
Sam Barker":3lskblug said:

Sorry but what exactly is wrong with having a drink and some chants before a game? It literally happens everywhere around the country every week.

May 28, 2019
Ham Green":1j7n5xn1 said:
greybeard-kernow":1j7n5xn1 said:

had some great times as a younger argyle fan,visiting shity old grounds like springfield park wigan, standing on a grass bank, darlington,to name a few ,plenty to drink before hand,but i did not support my team and manager before a game then turn utterly and ugly against them 90 minutes later, following argyle for 40 years ,seen some real poo performances, days like this happen get over it, and grow up