Sep 15, 2003
John Squire":28f276tf said:
IJN":28f276tf said:
The club was officially saved.

Where were you when you heard the news?

Glued to Pasoti!!

As I had been for days and days before that!! :scarf:

Likewise John.

I also think it was the middle of the night for me when the announcement was made.

Thanks JB.

May 1, 2011
I'll always be grateful to James Brent coming forward and saving us. Had it not been for him I'm not sure we would still have a club.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
But for James Brent we wouldn't be where we are now, growing off the pitch and with a young, ambitious manager off of it. James Brent will forever have my thanks for saving Argyle.

Like others I was glued to the internet, especially PASOTI waiting for some news, any glimmer of hope. We are in a better position now and I truly hope that we never, ever end up having to endure those dark times, and the anxiety it brought all involved with Argyle both on and off the pitch.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Returning home from having visited the Administrator’s Head Office in Sheffield. I met another Argyle fan on my way out and they had been inundated with phone calls and emails telling them to reduce their ridiculous bill so that the deal could finally get over the line.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
The Club was actually 'officially saved' on 31st October 2011 when the Football League sanctioned the agreement James Brent achieved with the administrators on 28th October (which included their much reduced fee payment) That agreement required a sign off by the Football League

As a result of the League's 'leap of faith' in granting James Brent the 'golden share' the Club came out of administration at 12.27 on the 31st. October. James Brent also acquired the Stadium (including HHP) from the City Council on that day.

As ever thanks to GoS for the archive - it is amazing how much you forget and the difficulties in actually doing it which only enhances what James Brent ultimately achieved and the timescale within which he did it. Amazing to think now that Guilfoyle and P and A are out of business and Argyle are very much in business.

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/dailydi ... hive=oct11

On the 31st October Chris Webb phoned me with the news as I was at the Deep Lane interchange on the A38.I pulled over and I am not ashamed to admit I shed a tear or two.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ah perhaps that’s why the AFT haven’t celebrated the date then Graham.

I’ve always regarded today as the ‘official date’ but I bow to your memory.

Look forward to seeing what the AFT have in store for Thursday then. :thumbup: Their Social Media account has been excellent lately.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":9mlbau6f said:
Ah perhaps that’s why the AFT haven’t celebrated the date then Graham.

I’ve always regarded today as the ‘official date’ but I bow to your memory.

Look forward to seeing what the AFT have in store for Thursday then. :thumbup: Their Social Media account has been excellent lately.
Trick or treat?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
The AFT are delighted to join all fans in remembering the 8th Anniversary of the saving of our beloved Argyle.

It was the culmination of such feverish activity to save our team and club. There are too many who did so much to name everyone although James Brent was the figure head, his legal team also deserve praise for getting everyone to sign up. We must never forget either a united City Council who agreed to buy the ground which provided the cash to keep going.

But over and above everyone and everything were the little people, be they staff who went unpaid but carried on, players who kept playing unpaid, Sue and her Bucket who inspired so many of us to join in and do our bit. Gary, Mark who had already formed the GTs to do basic maintenance at the ground and providing glucose drinks as no one could afford these simple things. Too, too many to name but if you lived through it everyone will remember their own "heroes".

And of course the AFT was formed, most of its initial leaders have since left the area, but all are remembered and all Argyle to their core. And its still only £10 to join, just in case.

COYGs

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
One of the good things that came out of that dismal period was the the bringing of fans together, a lot of us meeting for the first time and becoming good football mates.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
That horrible period certainly brought the fans together, I don't think any Argyle team has ever received such support. A mistake or misplaced pass wasn't groaned at, instead the player would get fantastic encouragement from the fans.

Also, the vigil outside of Home Park was something never to be forgotten.
Strangely, it was a good and bad time to be a supporter of PAFC.

Winding up petition, unpaid staff, unpaid players, unpaid contractors, unpaid suppliers, Todd, Mastpoint, PAST&DT, Stapleton, Dubai, Peter Ridsdale, £1 buyout, Pasoti, fans, Greenishugh, Kagami, Japan, Irish Consortium, winding up petition again, unpaid heating bill, Peter Reid, Carl Fletcher, Romain Larrieu, waifs, strays, youth, loanees, HMRC, winding up petition yet again, secret High Court, administration, fans, Brendan Guilfoyle, David Hinchliffe, CVA, Ed Moore, Chris Errington, Preferred Bidder, 10 points deducted, relegation, GOS, fans, Sue Pollard, donations, buckets, Green Taverners, Nikk, Fan Fests, AFT, Lee Jameson, Peter Ryan, Jim Benton-Evans, John Petrie, Brighton, Fans Reunited, Lombard, speeches, Chris Webb, auctions, Ian Newell, Contingency Group, Peter Jones, Graham Clarke, Jamie Yabsley, Matt Slater, fans, Home Park vigil, candles, pizzas, pasties, champagne, PCC, Civic Centre, Holiday Inn, breakfast, Kevin Heaney, where to start in non-league, Guildhall, Pavilions, Paul Buttivant, Bishop International, PAFC125, no kit, fans, Shrewsbury - Fletch top corner, GASB, PASB, Firoz Kassam, James Brent, Akkeron, 500 signatures, Green Pilgrim, fans, staff, players! Saved!