Administrator
Apr 3, 2013

Grimsby Town
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter

Countdown to Grimsby

Tuesday

Referee Antony Coggins is the man in the middle for Saturday's game and it will be his second visit to Home Park this season after officiating in the Carabao Cup game against Leyton Orient in August. So far this season he has issued 35 yellow cards and no reds in 10 games, he will be assisted by Paul Lister and Louis Marks while the fourth official is Sam Allison.

Grimsby Town fan Rob Sedgwick has kindly agreed to give Pasoti users an insight into his club with a Q&A ...

Q: What are your thoughts on Grimsby's season so far?
A: Much the same pattern as last. One good month followed by two bad, it’s frustrating how just when we seem to get it together we collapse into a run of defeats.

Q: What are your views on manager Michael Jolley?
A: Personally I am a big fan. He’s very articulate and his analytical skills are much more in line with how the game seems to be going. Some would say he lacks real-world experience not having played as a pro. But he’s leaning and I’d rather have someone on the way up than the way down.

Q: Given the recent financial problems and ownership issues of lower league clubs are Grimsby in a stable state at the moment?
A: Yes we are relatively stable. We do owe money but it’s all in the form of loans to directors. We really need a new ground to take the club upwards as Blundell Park is really holding us back, it’s been frustrating to watch other teams overtake us.

Q: What are your expectations and predicted finishing position in League Two for this season?
A: To be honest I expected another mid-table finish and that’s probably what we are going to get. We’re so inconsistent it’s difficult to see us amassing enough points to really making a challenge. We certainly have shown though that we have what it takes to be competitive in this division, so it’s not beyond us if we can get some momentum going.

Q: Without giving too much away what style of football and formation are Grimsby likely to use against Argyle?
A: 4-3-3 with our number 9 James Hanson being the main outlet, but we have played other formations too and Jolley has been “resting” players quite a bit recently.

Q: Looking from afar what are your views on Plymouth Argyle?
A: I see you as a League One club really and thought you were fairly unlucky to go down last season. You seem to be getting it together results wise.  I’d expect you to at least make the play-offs this year.

Q: And finally do you have a prediction for the game?
A: A repeat of our unexpected 3-1 win at Exeter! I think we won 3-0 there in 2016-2017.
--------------------------------------------------
Argyle have played Grimsby 17 times at Home Park, winning nine games, drawing four and losing four. The Mariners are unbeaten in the last four league games at Home Park, winning two and drawing two.

Grimsby fans have received an initial allocation of 538 tickets for Saturday's game.

Grimsby are offering free tickets to season ticket holders for tonight's EFL Trophy game versus the Leicester City under-21 team.

Wednesday

According to Sky Bet Argyle are favourites to win with odds of 4/5, a Grimsby win is placed at 3/1 and the draw is on offer at 5/2.

Grimsby had an attendance of 341 at Blundell Park on Tuesday evening for the EFL Trophy game against Leicester City under-21 team. Season ticket holders were admitted for free.

What Grimsby can expect against Argyle ... Grimsby Live

Thursday

Saturday is a Remembrance game where fallen service men and women from all wars are remembered and honoured.

Grimsby team news - Sunderland loan midfielder Ethan Robson is expected to be fit to face Argyle .... Grimsby Live

The matchday sponsors ........ 50/50 lottery

Grimsby stats

Mariners midfielder Harry Clifton talks about the game ....
 “We have picked up some good results on the road so far this season. We want to continue that.
“We feel that we are capable of beating any team in our league.
“Plymouth have come off the back of a bad result, but I’m sure they will be really up for it and look to put that right.

“We know that it’s going to be a difficult task, but we have to look at the result we picked up at Exeter. There’s no reason why we can’t do that again against Plymouth.
“Playing away from home, you are happy to disrupt the home team and try to turn it into your type of game.”

Pre-match free entertainment .... club website

Inside Grimsby Town

Friday

Six mascots on Saturday ... club website

Mariners manager Michael Jolley looks ahead to the game ...
“Plymouth away is a tough task for any team, but we have the mind-set that we can go there and get three points.
“We obviously did that at Exeter when they were top of the table so we know the journey down to Devon well, and we’re looking forward to the game.
“In terms of the logistics we’ve got a similar set-up to Exeter in terms of how we’ll approach the game.

“Ryan Lowe got promoted last year, and did a really good job to do that. And he’s got a really talented group of players at Plymouth.
“And I’m certain that come the end of April, when the season finishes, Plymouth are going to be in the top positions – whether that’s in the promotion or the play-off positions.
“We expect a big reaction from them, and we know what’s facing us.”
A guide to Home Park for Grimsby fans ... Grimsby club website

The weather forecast for the game is rain showers, very strong winds and a temperature of 10.

Remembrance Game

Grimsby publish financial results for year ending May 2019 and reveal a ÂŁ150,573 profit.

Fan Zone Update

Saturday

Grimsby's season so far ... club website

Match preview

Following the defeat against Exeter City Ryan Lowe is looking for the right response from the players against Grimsby Town today .... club website

The matchday programme....

All the matchday info you need .... club website

Due to severe weather conditions the pre-match Fan Zone has been cancelled.

The game could be called off due to loose roof panels .... club statement

The game is postponed.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
“ Swim low, sweet halibut “
A friend from Grimsby tells me their fans were singing this last Saturday.

I told him despite Grimsby’s fishing industry being its only claim to fame, annually more fish is actually landed in Plymouth .

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
bringonthemilkman":1k7navs6 said:
“ Swim low, sweet halibut “
A friend from Grimsby tells me their fans were singing this last Saturday.

I told him despite Grimsby’s fishing industry being its only claim to fame, annually more fish is actually landed in Plymouth .

Huge European trading port, guess how they voted!! :funny:

Long as we hit the net more than them on Saturday! :scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
"Grimsby publish financial results for year ending May 1019 and reveal a ÂŁ150,573 profit".

They took their time to publish those figures.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Heavy rain throughout the night up here in deepest darkest somerset and not much better this morning.... Just wondering if its been bad down in Plymouth and is there any chance that the game could be called off? I have Yeovil a couple years back in my mind when i almost couldn't get home after the game was pulled.. Not as bad as that but long way to come.

Jul 28, 2017
A lot of disruption to train services due to fallen trees. Even if game does take place some supporters may struggle to get there.