Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 29 October | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 29 October

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

League Two stats:
Keep possession and dominate teams: Crewe Alexandra, Plymouth Argyle, Cambridge United, Leyton Orient, Walsall, Bradford City, Crawley Town, Mansfield Town, Exeter City.
Dominate teams without possession: Newport County, Colchester United.
Keep possession but are dominated: Forest Green Rovers, Carlisle United, Cheltenham Town.
Dominated without possession: Salford City, Oldham Athletic, Macclesfield Town, Northampton, Morecambe, Grimsby Town, Stevenage, Scunthorpe United, Port Vale.

EFL Trophy game v Chelsea under-21s .... preview

Only blocks 1 to 10 at Home Park are open for tonight's game against the Chelsea under-21 team.
Ticket prices:
Adult £8
Adult (ST & 1886 Members) £7
Over 65/Under 23 £4
Over 65/Under 23 (ST & 1886 Members) £3
Under 18 £1.

The Argyle youth team play a EFL Youth Alliance game against AFC Bournemouth at the Manadon Sports Hub today with a 1pm kick-off.

Argyle 0 - 1 Chelsea under-21 (Russell 93)
Attendance 1,725 (125 Chelsea fans).

Jul 12, 2016
What's the point of having possession if you do little with it?
These sort of stats are meaningless to winning games.
Check out the possession figures for other teams from the Premiership down and you will often see that those who won had far less possession than the opposition.

oldage":2wiw36gd said:
Check out the possession figures for other teams from the Premiership down and you will often see that those who won had far less possession than the opposition.

The point of the stats is that before you can change anything you need to know where you're starting from. SWOT analysis is now commonplace in most businesses and sports.

Jul 12, 2016
mervyn":2te9ipud said:
oldage":2te9ipud said:

The point of the stats is that before you can change anything you need to know where you're starting from. SWOT analysis is now commonplace in most businesses and sports.
So what are these stats telling you to change?
It tells you you have a lot of possession.Yes we know because we pass it 6 times backwards and one forwards.
The most important stats atehow many goals you score and how many you concede.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
For the last two wins at home we had less possession than Carlisle and Leyton Orient, which highlights our new more direct style of play.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
It tells me that we are creating enough shooting chances but not taking them. Our finishing needs to improve and then we'll get the results that our play indicates we could/should be getting. That's obvious enough from watching the games without the stats to be fair.

I'd be interested to see if there are xG stats for League 2. I'm sure oldage would love that...

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Lobster":35hptbyp said:
It tells me that we are creating enough shooting chances but not taking them. Our finishing needs to improve and then we'll get the results that our play indicates we could/should be getting. That's obvious enough from watching the games without the stats to be fair.

I'd be interested to see if there are xG stats for League 2. I'm sure oldage would love that...
Your wish sir.....(Looks like cambridge are shocking finishers or have been plain unlucky - and reverse true for Forest Green)

2019-10-26-4-l2-1.png

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I have frequently been dominated but never possessed. :crazy:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":1v1heq8x said:
justanotherfan":1v1heq8x said:
I have frequently been dominated but never possessed. :crazy:

Yes, I suppose you could view it as a price list for available services?? :oops:

Would need a whip round.