Atmosphere at Home Park | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Atmosphere at Home Park

Dec 3, 2005
(taken from Pasoti Daily News update)

A new survey by website Fan Banter on atmospheres at all 92 Premier League and EFL clubs found Home Park to have one of the best matchday atmospheres.
Home Park was ranked joint-second (along with 29 other clubs) with only Sheffield United, Leeds United, Portsmouth, Newcastle United and Nottingham Forest deemed to have better atmospheres at their stadiums.
Stadium MK, home of M.K. Dons, has the worst atmosphere. (Nicked from the Thursday Update)

Really - strange, so many on here say the atmosphere is terrible.

Who is right?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Iā€™m amazed by this I must admit.

Some games we can be quite loud but thereā€™s been a lot of library game in the last couple of seasons in my opinion.

Mar 8, 2016
The atmosphere can be decent at home park, itā€™s been tough the past couple of seasons as we are crap on the pitch not benn much to get the crowd going really, so I think the fans make a decent effort considering the club want everyone sat down in silence and the team being so gash.

Aug 5, 2016
The acoustics of our ground really doesn't help. Newport for example are much louder with a few hundred fans than their away crowd with all noise dissipating into thin air.

How much better was the Devonport End in 1998 when it had a corrugated iron roof. The Exeter derby would be deafening. Now you struggle to hear the Devonport the other side of the pitch.

IJN":3bj9ruey said:
Iā€™m amazed by this I must admit.

Some games we can be quite loud but thereā€™s been a lot of library game in the last couple of seasons in my opinion.

I always thought our home atmosphere wasn't very good but when I think back to the 75+ away games I have been to stretched across all 3 divisions we've been in. Our home atmosphere is far better than 90%

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Would say our atmosphere is better than most at L2 and L1 level. Will be even better when the Board bugger off back to the main stand and we can all relax a bit.... :greensmile:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
mervyn":vhonl4oz said:
Whilst the atmosphere is pretty good at HP, what I do miss since I moved here, compared to most London clubs, is the wit and banter. We just donā€™t do it.

Yes who could forget the wit and banter at The Den!! :scarf:

oh, no, hang on a mo' : ... hit and batter, that was it!! :think:

Pogleswoody":29e0l09j said:
mervyn":29e0l09j said:
Whilst the atmosphere is pretty good at HP, what I do miss since I moved here, compared to most London clubs, is the wit and banter. We just donā€™t do it.

Yes who could forget the wit and banter at The Den!! :scarf:

oh, no, hang on a mo' : ... hit and batter, that was it!! :think:

Youā€™re right. I think possibly the only ground Iā€™ve felt really intimidated inside.