Half time kids game | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Half time kids game

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
This reminds me of the most uncomfortable hour of my life.......

My lad's Primary school team won a 5-a-side competition in East Devon where we live ...everyone was very excited........ the prize? To play the 'Devon final' at half time at Sid James's park :facepalm:

To go or not to go? By then (aged 10) he was already an ardent green. In the end of course we did go. Obviously there were City fans that knew me in the crowd ......"Make way for the Argyle fan everyone! Make way - Aryle fan coming thru'!" ..... they helpfully bellowed when I arrived (and the f'ckers made me pay to get in :furious: ). To make matters even worse we were at our lowest ebb in administration to the glee of those around us in the crowd. I think I just about held my own in the barrage of 'banter' . I was helped when the handful of Dagenham & Redbridge fans started a chant of "Bus stop to Plymouth! .....You're just a bus stop to Plymouth ". God bless 'em!. (Unfortunately the wife got wind of our plan for him to wear his Argyle shirt underneath then do the big reveal at the end of the game. :sad: ) ..... Needless to say we left immediately after the half-time game (we won!) .....but it was the longest hour of my life.

Anyway ....yes we'll give him a cheer! Hope he enjoys it.