Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 1 November | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Friday 1 November

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

Young keeper Michael Cooper talks about his performance against the Chelsea under-21 team ....
“I have made a few saves but that’s what I’m there to do. The added bits need to be better. You see from Alex on a weekend he is able to pick up from the full-backs and pick out space in behind when you need it, it’s a big part of how we play and I’m very disappointed with that side of the game.”

“That game (5-0 v Chelsea last season) sits in my head in a positive way. In the long run, it has helped me massively because, if you have a bad game, it is not the be all and end all. You make sure you put it right in the next few games. When you get a few clean sheets, it brings your confidence back up. That game was a massive learning curve for me.”
“It was like a baptism of fire, 5-0 in my first game as a pro, seeing the standard of the Chelsea players, that’s what you aspire to be, then you get beat 5-0. That was a massive shock to me.
“The way I reacted at the time as a first-year pro, it wasn’t the way you should react. I should have just got on with it, dusted myself down and trained harder.”

The six-game Flexi Ticket is an ideal way to guarantee a seat at Home Park without the financial outlay of a full season ticket. An adult ticket costs £125 for six games of your choice and includes priority booking for home, away league and cup games and an ideal Christmas present .... Flexi Ticket details
Adult (23-64) £125
Senior (65+) £95
Under 23 (18-22) £95
Under 18 (12-17) £40
Under 12 (0-11) £25

Ryan Lowe talks about possible new signings and departures in January .... club website
“Can I bring one or two players in? Yes, 100%. Again, what we’re saying is the squad that we have got now can compete. If one or two move out the door, will I have some funds to spend? Of course I will."

Ryan Lowe talks about Danny Mayor ....
“The attitude of Danny Mayor is what people don’t see. He is probably last on the breakfast table every morning, he sits with the lads, talks to them, his attitude and application to everything is just different class, so I’m hoping, when he does get called back into the team, that he has got that fresh spark about him.

“I didn’t even have to speak to Dan, he just stays the same and stays the way he is. Yeah, he’s gutted deep down, but his answer was, ‘we’re winning’. Now we’ve lost, it’s down to me, do I make changes or do I keep the same team?
“He has been terrific, there’s no complaints, he’s chomping at the bit to get back into the team and, when I put him back in the team, you will hopefully see a fresher Danny Mayor.”

“I think Dan played forty odd games last season, this season he started every game up until the Carlisle game. So, he’s only really had a week off in games because we played Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.
“I have no hesitation Danny is ready to get going again but, then again, the other lads have been doing super good stuff.”

Westlife concert at Home Park

Injury news update

Youngsters Mike Peck and Klaidi Lolos have joined Dorchester Town on loan while midfielder Cameron Sangster returns to Home Park from Dorchester .... club website

Cameron Sangster has his contract cancelled by mutual consent and leaves Argyle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Although it's not my type of music it's good to see the stadium starting to get used again for major concerts.
I wonder if the stage will now be set at one end of the pitch to best use the facilities in the refurbished grandstand? Previously the stage was set on the grandstand side of the pitch for other big gigs.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
I'd hope that when the Grandstand is finished we might be in a stronger position to get some England youth games at Home Park again.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":j8jofsw2 said:
Although it's not my type of music it's good to see the stadium starting to get used again for major concerts.
I wonder if the stage will now be set at one end of the pitch to best use the facilities in the refurbished grandstand? Previously the stage was set on the grandstand side of the pitch for other big gigs.

I would assume there will be various hospitality options available when tickets go on sale. Presumably access to full catering facilities (sit down meal?) for top priced ticket or just bars for a lesser price ticket.

Certainly that is how stadia like the Etihad operate for "major" events.