Former Argyle Managerial Candidate | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Former Argyle Managerial Candidate

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I read that Nathan Jones has been sacked by Stoke City this morning. It is recalled he made the final shortlist at the time of DA's appointment. NJ subsequently was appointed at Luton and achieved success. It just goes to prove that managerial progress is not a straight line upward movement. There were some posters at the time on here, who were disappointed that NJ was not successful in getting to Plymouth.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I feel for him. Taking over at Stoke was never going to be easy & I said at the time it was a gamble leaving a good thing at Luton. Another good manager in Gary Rowett also found it tough. Have no doubt Jones will continue/go on to have a good managerial career and being a Welshman it wouldn’t surprise me to see him land the Cardiff job if Warnock leaves soon.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
To ensure their championship status Stoke should reappoint Tony Pulis... there’s no-one better at making a struggling team hard to beat and keeping them up.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
The Doctor":2h1e8cfp said:
To ensure their championship status Stoke should reappoint Tony Pulis... there’s no-one better at making a struggling team hard to beat and keeping them up.

Or potentially Sam Allardyce

Oct 10, 2012
That club has far too many players not involved on match days on large wages. Could be bad times coming their way.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I actually thought that Jones would be the first Premier League manager to get the sack since the season started,he is too good to fail all the time i think,would have liked him here for sure.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
rongreenblood":1wl6mt9k said:
I actually thought that Jones would be the first Premier League manager to get the sack since the season started,he is too good to fail all the time i think,would have liked him here for sure.

Stoke are in the championship

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
He proved himself well with Luton, although I do wonder how much of that was down to the budget he had there.

He would have found the going much tougher at Argyle I'd imagine.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge":3ff6d2u3 said:
rongreenblood":3ff6d2u3 said:

Stoke are in the championship

Blimey!! - that is a bad start to the season, no wonder he got sacked!! :shock:

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Long established Prem teams in free-fall need big managers to rescue them, or at least stem the decline. Suspect Stoke have lots of players on big contracts, not in the team. Would not be surprised if they drop down to L1 before they can restructure. Allardyce or Pulis may keep them up, but would they gamble their reputation? Next Prem team lining up for a slide?...putting my money on Southampton.

May 22, 2006
The Doctor":2s1fmfkj said:

Won’t happen.