Warning- Don't buy tickets in advance, no refunds given | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Warning- Don't buy tickets in advance, no refunds given

Jul 13, 2006
New scam being run by the club.
You will only get offered a credit note for a postponed game.
Not sure this is actually legal is it?

May 31, 2007
Sunny Yorkshire
Only legal if you give the customer the opportunity to attend the re-arranged match; which the club have. Small print will include something around events beyond the club's control.

Oct 14, 2015
mervyn":3fwv2ho2 said:
Hardly a scam. The only customers out of pocket will be the very few for whom this was the only match they intended to watch all season, and can’t make the replay. How many of those will there be?

Unfortunately that’ll be me if it’s a Tuesday night game as I live in Hertfordshire and very unlikely to be able to do a midweek game due to work commitments..

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Some of us could well be holidaying in Australia at the time of the rescheduled game. I am sure the Club would not want to see to see such ticket holders penalised.

I hope the Club will be more specific over the ticket being reusable. I recall a postponed game against about 3 years ago versus Blackpool and on telephone enquiry to the ticket office, I was told my ticket would remain exactly valid for the rearranged game.. On the Tuesday night of the match, the ticket was not accepted at the turnstile, a steward proved hopeless in permitting me any entry. I was running late for the game and was forced to go all the way from The Lyndhurst to the old ticket office at Higher Home Park, to seek a new ticket, as my original seat had been sold for the second game. As a result, I lost 12 minutes of watching the game. This was 'a dog's breakfast'

Feb 8, 2005
Quintrell_Green":2fxpyve8 said:
Some of us could well be holidaying in Australia at the time of the rescheduled game. I am sure the Club would not want to see to see such ticket holders penalised.

I hope the Club will be more specific over the ticket being reusable. I recall a postponed game against about 3 years ago versus Blackpool and on telephone enquiry to the ticket office, I was told my ticket would remain exactly valid for the rearranged game.. On the Tuesday night of the match, the ticket was not accepted at the turnstile, a steward proved hopeless in permitting me any entry. I was running late for the game and was forced to go all the way from The Lyndhurst to the old ticket office at Higher Home Park, to seek a new ticket, as my original seat had been sold for the second game. As a result, I lost 12 minutes of watching the game. This was 'a dog's breakfast'

Common sense suggests that you should have enquired regarding attending the rearranged match, instead of blindly turning up and expecting entry straight away.

P.S. It always amazes me when someone says they were running late and then blame the Club for their delay. Arrive early, especially in such circumstances as you describe.

Aug 18, 2010
PL2
Welwyn Pilgrim":m5b8tpt5 said:
mervyn":m5b8tpt5 said:
Hardly a scam. The only customers out of pocket will be the very few for whom this was the only match they intended to watch all season, and can’t make the replay. How many of those will there be?

Unfortunately that’ll be me if it’s a Tuesday night game as I live in Hertfordshire and very unlikely to be able to do a midweek game due to work commitments..

Welwyn Pilgrim, I think you’ve misunderstood. If you can make another game this season then it’s not you, as you’re able to use the credit note for another match.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Are we sure this isn’t just to notify people that they won’t have to buy a new ticket to watch the re-arranges fixture. As they won’t even know when this is yet I’d suggest only after it’s been rearranged will refunds be offered to those that can’t attend.

Sep 6, 2006
Welwyn Pilgrim":1a1tq8q9 said:
mervyn":1a1tq8q9 said:

But you can get a credit note for another game as Mervyn has already said!

Feb 23, 2008
I had a similar situation earlier on in the season, got a credit note for a cup game as one of my kids was taken ill overnight.

Was told I could only use it against a league game! When I pointed out I was a season ticket holder so useless to me, was told league games only, cannot be used in club shop or anywhere.

Two emails to the club asking if I could use the note for the next cup game were also completely ignored too, decided to just let it lie but wasn't happy with the policy or the service given at the time.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
My mate came down from Mansfield for this game en route to visiting family in Cornwall he won't get to the rescheduled match and probably not another home match again this season
Penalised for travelling to support a team they have followed for years despite leaving the area not acceptable Argyle at all.
Suppose they need all this money to pay towards the food that they have generously donated to the homeless whilst gaining great PR only to shoot themselves In the foot again :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":245u1glo said:
I had a similar situation earlier on in the season, got a credit note for a cup game as one of my kids was taken ill overnight.

Was told I could only use it against a league game! When I pointed out I was a season ticket holder so useless to me, was told league games only, cannot be used in club shop or anywhere.

Two emails to the club asking if I could use the note for the next cup game were also completely ignored too, decided to just let it lie but wasn't happy with the policy or the service given at the time.

This is a different situation. If you buy a ticket then cannot attend, the club doesn’t have to offer you anything. That the club offered you a credit to be used at another cup game is beyond what they are obliged to do.

Dec 9, 2012
I was caught out by this 'policy' too. I am unhappy at how this matter was dealt with. Surely, the poilicy should be one of looking at iundividual circumstances, and reacting accordingly? If I lived in Plymouth, or was sure of being able to attend another game, I might have been happy with a voucher. As this isn't the case, my request for a refund should be respected.

'One size fits all' just doesn't woprk in these unusual circumstances.

I have emailed and written to the club to express my feelings on the matter. I have blanked a few irrelevant personal details

''As a lifelong supporter of Argyle, I had been looking forward to the game against Grimsby for some time. I can’t often travel to Plymouth, but had decided some while ago that the Grimsby game would be a great one to attend, as this fixture was my first ever Argyle game in the 1960s.

I went to the ground on Friday afternoon to buy a ticket. In the light of the forecast, I did ask if there was any possibility that the game would be postponed. I was assured that it would go ahead.

I don’t stay permanently connected, and was completely unaware of the postponement until I arrived at the ground on Saturday. Obviously, I fully understand - and accept - the need for the game to be postponed.

However, I was very surprised not to be offered a refund of the cost of the ticket. Initially, I was offered a ticket for the rearranged game. Presumably, this will be midweek, and, as I live two hundred miles from Plymouth, it would not be easy for me to attend.

I was subsequently offered a voucher for a further ticket, and told that this was in line with the terms and conditions of sale, which were available on the website. I have looked, but can only find reference to Season Ticket Holders, not purchasers of single tickets.

This is not a great option, as I am .......... It is difficult to make long term plans, and I may well be unable to attend another home game this season. I usually, attend far more away than home games, as they can often be nearer than a ‘home’ game.

I am far from happy at the dismissive manner in which my request for a cash refund was treated. The alternative offered is not acceptable, nor necessarily useful to me. It was an excellent example of how not to foster positive supporter / customer (how I hate that term!) relations.

For my weekend supporting Argyle, I am out of pocket to the tune of travel, two nights accommodation and the cost of a voucher which I may or may not be able to use.

I hope that this policy is reviewed so that supporters -particularly ‘long distance’ ones such as myself – are treated fairly.

Yours sincerely ''