More stats | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

More stats

Jul 12, 2016
Newcastle winning 3-1 at West Ham with 31% possession.
Sheffield Utd beating Burnley 3-0 with 45% possession

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
oldage":2006tmce said:
Newcastle winning 3-1 at West Ham with 31% possession.
Sheffield Utd beating Burnley 3-0 with 45% possession

Argyle beat Leyton Orient 4-0 with 44% possession and beat Carlisle 2-0 with 48% possession.
What's your point?

Jul 12, 2016
Quizmike":3dmnmjqr said:
What does this have to do with Argyle?
People often quote our possession figure. Just shows its goals that win games not possession.

Aug 5, 2005
oldage":3h3powwy said:
Quizmike":3h3powwy said:
What does this have to do with Argyle?
People often quote our possession figure. Just shows its goals that win games not possession.

So your complaining about the way we play on a day we didn't play?

Mar 18, 2014
Just shows its goals that win games not possession.

Really???????????? I thought it was number of offsides?

Jul 12, 2016
What is wrong with some people?
I merely quoted some stats to emphasise the fact that possession counts for very little in football.
Time to give PASOTI a rest.
Trying to communicate on here is pointless. :banghead:

Apr 4, 2004
Oldage. Our manager. The guy who we are all rallying behind (I hope) wants us to play a brand of football where we dominate possession and turn that dominance into wins. I'm sure he knows there are other ways of doing it. Most of us know it too, and it seems you do. :thumbup: What's a mystery is why you need to point it out. We have always played mostly without the ball as long us I can remember. I don't need a reminder from you that there are other style that can be effective.

Don't you like what Lowe is trying to do? I love it myself. I really think we are a few vital cogs short to really make the machine work. But I really think that it will be worth waiting for. Come on, give him a chance.

Aug 2, 2011
oldage":3vdajntj said:
I merely quoted some stats to emphasise the fact that possession counts for very little in football.

Not exactly brain surgery. There is only one statistic which is of significance and that is goals scored. You can have 70 Percent possession, 20 shots on target, 18 corners all of which are meaningless unless you score more goals than the competition. It is a very simple game but the pundits and the rest of the hangers on try to make it very sophisticated. Since Mr Lowe was appointed most Argyle fans will be able to point out that possession is meaningless without the ability to put the ball in the net. Boll—ks to the statistics just give us a goal a game more that our opponents.

Sep 6, 2006
oldage":2e2cy7ja said:

Bye then :wave:

Aug 5, 2005
oldage":3foc5j2j said:

I just wonder what the possession stats were for all the games you didn't mention?