Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 3 November | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 3 November

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

Loan watch:
Ashley Smith-Brown was missing from the matchday squad at Oldham who played Northampton Town in a 2-2 draw on Saturday.

Michael Peck, Klaidi Lolos and Tom Purrington all started for Dorchester Town in a 2-1 defeat against Harrow Borough.

There was no game for Luke Jephcott and Ryan Law because Truro City's match against Merthyr Town was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Today's Argyle ladies match against Portsmouth ladies has been postponed.

Grimsby captain James McKeown talked about the postponed game ...
“It’s obviously frustrating, but it’s beyond our control.
“I woke up in the night because the wind was so bad. I remember looking out and thinking it was bad, but I didn’t know whether that’s because I was high up on the floor.
“You don’t expect a game to be off like that.

"There was nothing online at that point in the morning and we hadn’t heard anything as a team. There was then that statement on their website, which pretty much said it’s going to be called off.

“It’s frustrating more than anything, especially for the fans. It’s worse for them at the end of the day, because this is our job.
“We get paid to come and do this job. For the fans who have paid their hard-earned money, it’s not ideal and we can only sympathise.
“It’s not ideal for us, either, because we haven’t played in the league for a couple of weeks, after what was probably a decent result at Cambridge.
“As a player, it’s worse when you get all the way down there. The weekend is taken and we now have to go back on a Tuesday night.”