Pasoti attendance | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pasoti attendance

Dec 21, 2015
Just a thought on a bored Sunday after no Argle Saturday

I have noticed that pasoti seems to be a much quieter place this season am just wondering if the adverts, sponsorship threads and constant pop ups were driving people away ?

I know for me its a bit like like the herald a few years ago...

Just wonder if the mods have any user data on numbers since pasoti went commercial

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Numbers of readers is up Tony, number of posters is down.

Pop ups? I think we've had two.

Sponsorship threads,? There's one running all of the time and it's not really something you can click on by accident.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
TonyD":gkt03h8i said:
Just a thought on a bored Sunday after no Argle Saturday

I have noticed that pasoti seems to be a much quieter place this season am just wondering if the adverts, sponsorship threads and constant pop ups were driving people away ?

I know for me its a bit like like the herald a few years ago...

Just wonder if the mods have any user data on numbers since pasoti went commercial

The Daily News and match build up threads are well attended. :) Plus the matchday threads and brief - synopsis threads always do well - 47,000 and 30,000 views for the last league match.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I like the daily news feature and usually check that each day. Match day threads I find much quieter, unless we are losing of course. General posting and debate I find less frequent and interesting now. To be fair when I first stared logging in to Pasoti, something like 17 or 18 years ago there wasn't the competition there is now with twitter, facebook etc to debate all things Argyle.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep totally agree, I used to post on PASOTI a lot more than Twitter, now it’s the other way around.

This site has always found its own level. It’s more like a ‘social club’ these days.

No harm in that, people still come here for the news and if anything interesting pops up, the threads are always well subscribed then.

I think Tony just got bored and drug out his own private soapbox.

Dec 21, 2015
I thought this was a forum for opinions Ian

There is no need for personal attacks on people or derogatory comments

It was a genuine question that as per your first post answered why the need for the dig ?

As I said now when you log in on a mobile device you have to scroll down half a page to get past the first advert

Then get past the sponsored threads

Then avoiding the nasty pop up thing that pops up over the bottom of the page advert

I get that it brings in an income but when does income become more important than user experience

After all are fans not quick to condemn argyle for their lack of match day experience or is pasoti not allowed to be questioned ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Of course it is Tony, I think ONE post has been removed this year, so again stats will prove that we are.

Not really a personal dig, more making a point that you have complained about this three or four times before, so you seem to be dragging it once again.

I genuinely don't understand your scrolling point, it's about 2/3 inches, is that really a hardship?

Nor do I understand your comment on the pop up at the bottom, there's none on mine, there's a tiny little static there.

This is what I have..........

GhHcAtN.jpg

Have you something different?

Dec 21, 2015
I get a VM ware pop up on the main screen and when I pop a reply I get a bet 365 pop up over the typing box

Can I ask the relevance of this comment

If that wasn't a dig and derogatory comment then I don't know what is

The issue for me is getting worse which I why I have raised it again and as I did say on a bored Sunday

How do I attach screen shots from a mobile device (android)

I had always thought pasoti an unimprovable product, but in the last year it has simply got better, particularly with the daily news updates, stats analysis and link to other club web sites. Only downside for me is the frequency with which interesting OPs and discussion gets hijacked into very childish slanging matches between the usual culprits.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TonyD":3w0zmthq said:
I get a VM ware pop up on the main screen and when I pop a reply I get a bet 365 pop up over the typing box

Can I ask the relevance of this comment

If that wasn't a dig and derogatory comment then I don't know what is

The issue for me is getting worse which I why I have raised it again and as I did say on a bored Sunday

How do I attach screen shots from a mobile device (android)

If I had that, I'd be deeply peed off.

I would imagine this is a problem at your end Tony, as this site would be indicated with complaints. We have no pop ups, we would never ever agree to them, for the very reason that you are citing.

We have side adverts, and animated statics at the top and bottom of the page. Our supplier used to try to sell us these, but they now know us well (Dave Gadd and I) and we will not allow intrusive adverts like pop ups and floaters.

Dec 21, 2015
I am not a betting person so unsure how or why a bet365 pop up appears

How can I check if the issue is my end .. I do not get this on any other site I visit so unsure what the issue is other than a problem here

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can you send me a photo of it on ianisnow@sky.com Tony?

I am 99% sure it has nothing to do with us as nobody else has complained about it but I will pass it on to our partners to see if they can shed any light on it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What a mess that is!!!!! :wtf:

I've passed it onto the advert men to see if it's theirs and if there's anything that can be done about it.

I see now why you hate the adverts, I'm sure something can be done Tony.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I’ve only been on here a few months and think it’s great. Easy to navigate and minor irritations from pop ups. I use iPhone and iPad. Love the forum which is generally much more objective than some of the stuff on the Herald. Faint praise I know!!! :scarf: