Carl Fletcher (sacked) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Carl Fletcher (sacked)

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Sacked after just 29 days in the job at Orient! I always thought he was a hopeless manager but sheesh..... :shock:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Based on what? Possibly his tenure at Argyle when we were uh! Slap bang in the worst period of our existence?

Fletcher got his opportunity because of how well he managed youth teams at Bournmouthe so rather than slaughtering him for slaughtering sake, i’d say that at this point of his career in football that first team management is still out of his reach.

By all accounts he was appointed at Leyton Orient because a) he was a cheap option and b) because of his lack of first team the owners et al interfered with his team planning. He was onto a hiding to nothing at the O’s but I wonder if he’s learned from his mistakes from the past and didn’t let those that sacked him off the hook by doing his own announcement 5 minutes after a game had finished.

Let’s see what happens at the O’s before we judge how much better or worse he could have made them.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Emeraldinho":i719dj98 said:
Sacked after just 29 days in the job at Orient! I always thought he was a hopeless manager but sheesh..... :shock:

You thought he was a hopeless manager? Please explain your reasons and enlighten us with your wisdom on the task of managing a League Two football club that was on its knees and trying to recover from administration.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Expected after the Maldon & Tiptree defeat. DA had very good reason to turn it down after being offered the job following his interview.

Nov 18, 2011
That's probably that in terms of a career as a manager for Fletcher.
From what I understand he's got an excellent reputation as a coach and working in the youth set up for Bournemouth so I imagine he won't be sort of job offers to go back to that kind of role.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Wow.

Something must have gone badly wrong for that to happen, beyond results.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The team there was never set up to play the style of football that Fletcher likes to play. The squad there is not great either. They lost their best players from last season and didn't replace them very well. Was always likely to be a struggle to get results.

Jul 12, 2016
Emeraldinho":3c9zev5i said:
Incredible. Is this a record?

Oct 14, 2015
Leroy Rosenior holds the record as he lasted 10 minutes, seriously, as Torquay manager before club got taken over....

As a side issue, I have a mate whose an Orient fan who reckons Tisdale is lined up for the job

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Any manager going in to that club under those circumstances was up against it, but this is ridiculous.

I think he was doomed from the start, the fans were never going to give Fletch a fair run at it, I'm sure I remember Justin Edinburgh's son tweeting something about how he isn't going to be happy with the new manager, or something similar, and it seems the club going to give him time either.

Either Fletch wasn't the right man for the job from the start and he's been so abysmal that they've had no choice but to sack him after 4 games (which I doubt) in which case Leyton Orient's recruitment process is run by idiots who shouldn't be allowed the crayons to colour in with, or the club just didn't give him any sort of chance, in which case the club shouldn't be allowed the colouring in book for the idiots to colour in.

Absolute joke.

Mar 23, 2008
Feel for him, he's a good man and deserves better treatment and it's just a reflection on a poorly run club to react so quickly.

Jan 27, 2012
On the face of it a ludicrous decision by Leyton Orient. How can a manager prove himself in little more than a month?

Could Fletcher be a candidate for the vacant Argyle academy job ? (although I think Kevin Hodges was also hard done by).

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
back in the very dark days when fletcher was appointed as manager i went to the meet the manager evening,it was desperate with about 30-40 of us there on a miserable evening.this is what i can put about that evening :facepalm:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
gaspargomez":194re9pu said:
On the face of it a ludicrous decision by Leyton Orient. How can a manager prove himself in little more than a month?

Could Fletcher be a candidate for the vacant Argyle academy job ? (although I think Kevin Hodges was also hard done by).
Too late. Argyle have appointed Chris Beard.