Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 17 November | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Sunday 17 November

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip

The new 2020 Argyle calendar by Robby Bullen cartoons is available soon ...

Ryan Lowe talks about the performance against Forest Green Rovers ..... club website
“It was a fantastic performance, especially in the second half when we were backs-to-the-wall and dogged defending. What I’m seeing from these boys is them putting their bodies on the line."
Forest Green Rovers manager Mark Cooper felt his side should have been awarded two penalties ....
“I didn’t feel that we deserved to lose but we had a lot of territory, perhaps didn’t produce enough quality in the final third.
“I felt we should’ve had a couple of penalties, the one at the end on Matt Mills is a stonewall punch in the back of the head but, there you go.

“All that was missing was that little bit of quality, all our attacking players today didn’t really produce, if that happens all on the same day, it’s difficult to create.”

The attendance of 3,896 (1,224 Argyle fans) at the New Lawn on Saturday was Forest Green Rovers' biggest crowd of the season.

The Football League Paper League Two Team of the Day .....

The 10 wins in all competitions this season have come without conceding a goal.

Tweeted by the owner of Forest Green Rovers....

Goal scorer Antoni Sarcevic talks about the Forest Green Rovers game ... club website
“You know when you’ve hit it sweet, and I got to celebrate with the fans who were unbelievable."

Aug 5, 2016
Just goes to show how empty those footballer cliches have become. It was the most quiet Argyle bumper away crowd I think I have ever witnessed. Even going a goal up early on couldn't help get an atmosphere going. Great performance from Mr Sarcevic though, great to see him enjoying his football once again. No more red cards and 3 game bans please as our midfield lacks bite and energy without him.

Sep 25, 2010
It was gridlocked after the game, but it could have been better if it was organised.

Did not see one person,(police and stewards), trying to do any traffic control. It was chaos.

But a bit of organisation, it could be sorted out, for example, have a separate place for the park and ride buses.

I was in the school, next door to the ground, and it took me half an hour to get out.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He did make one other decent fingertip save from a free kick that was curling in shortly after we scored.
Agree, not a ‘team of the week’ performance, though.

Martyn":2y127f6z said:
It was gridlocked after the game, but it could have been better if it was organised.

Did not see one person,(police and stewards), trying to do any traffic control. It was chaos.

But a bit of organisation, it could be sorted out, for example, have a separate place for the park and ride buses.

I was in the school, next door to the ground, and it took me half an hour to get out.

A significant portion of that was caused by the Target Travel bus (reg ending DYA?) which inexplicably chose to park out on the road and wait for its punters to join it there - which took a good 10 minutes after the park and ride buses that were in front of it had cleared off. As a result nothing could get down the hill and uphill traffic was blocked by the tailback Mr Target had caused to the roundabout. Dunno what the driver was thinking but FGR shouldn't have let it out of the ground until it was fully loaded, as the outcome was all too predictable.

Sep 25, 2010
Wotton is God":sewko8et said:
Martyn":sewko8et said:

A significant portion of that was caused by the Target Travel bus (reg ending DYA?) which inexplicably chose to park out on the road and wait for its punters to join it there - which took a good 10 minutes after the park and ride buses that were in front of it had cleared off. As a result nothing could get down the hill and uphill traffic was blocked by the tailback Mr Target had caused to the roundabout. Dunno what the driver was thinking but FGR shouldn't have let it out of the ground until it was fully loaded, as the outcome was all too predictable.

Exactly, no organisation