Anoraks 26 for lovers of Argyle trivia | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anoraks 26 for lovers of Argyle trivia

Jan 11, 2016
We both played in France before we joined Argyle
We both gained representative honours for our countries.
We both suffered defeats in our first and last games for Argyle.
We both played more or less the same number of games although quite a few of my appearances were as sub.
We both scored 2 goals while with Argyle - although he got both of his within the same week.
The team mate I played most with was Peter Halmosi; he played most with Curtis Nelson.
I played at Wembley three times after I left Argyle. I would say my career improved while his probably did not.
I played in the team which achieved the highest position by an Argyle side for 20 years. His times were harder times.
Simon and Garfunkle anticipated our roles in the history of the Argyle community in an appropriately named album.

Who am I and who is he?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm going to jump straight here on the off chance that my quick research on GoS has nailed this one straightaway. I think that I am Jimmy Abdou and he is Stephane Zubar. But I can't link this to Simon and Garfunkel which is a worry (unless it is Bookends with their careers bookending/bracketing Argyle's highest and lowest league positions...?)

Jan 11, 2016
The Doctor is correct! 'Bookends' is the album.

In the complete list of Argyle players Jimmy Abdou is first alphabetically and Stephane Zubar is last.

You can't beat Greens on Screen for the questions....and of course the answers!

Jan 11, 2016
I'm certainly struggling on this one!

Any chance of a clue if I promise not to go near GOS on this one nor in the next Anoraks.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Sainghin Green":1r3at1lf said:
I'm certainly struggling on this one!

Any chance of a clue if I promise not to go near GOS on this one nor in the next Anoraks.

Okay, a clue. "If GoS really is the Argyle Bible, then where are the Ten Commandments?" :greensmile: