Doncaster Rovers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Doncaster Rovers

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Apologies as that might not seem directly Argyle related but I couldn't help notice something in the Daily News.

Doncaster Rovers would seem to me to be a well run club - decent stadium, decent management on and off the pitch with a decent squad doing well with aspirations of moving higher.

It was a surprise therefore to see that they're in Court tomorrow morning - Insolvency Court.

A quick look around on the interwebs shows nothing on various supporter group pages about this. Another quick look finds that actually the club owes £7.5m to various creditors - just over £5m is owed to 4 directors.

Now this case could get thrown out for whatever reason as I would imagine that it is probably HMRC chasing a late tax bill.

But on the back of what happened at Bury and Bolton over the summer, could this be a potential third strike?

It also makes me incredibly grateful for the owners that we currently have and their model that they are looking to build on for Argyles future.

Jan 20, 2004
It doesn't take much to tip the scales. One minute your club appears to be on the crest of a wave, the next your in the proverbial dog do.

Fans are always kept in the dark until the time comes when they are required to shake buckets in front of turnstiles to save their club.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It turns out whatever the issue was it was settled and the court hearing is just procedural.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Quite a shock this one. As Mike says, it seems these days you only need a blip and you’re on the edge.

How lucky are we? Good owners who have the club at heart.

Let’s cross our fingers it will be that way for a very long time.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Live in Doncaster notjing to see here the club has very wealthy benefactors who are seriously wealthy more likely Rovers are being run to take care of tax in their other businesses
Nothing in press or anything up here at moment