✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Steve and Bob of GoS have, I am told, refused any offered material thanks for all the hard work taking the photos of the rebuild and putting them up for our enjoyment.

But we DO have the opportunity of thanking Bob for all those days wandering around in the rain with his camera.

Bob has a charity he supports for a school in Africa, and he is now fundraising for the family of a young teacher who died suddenly.

If you can spare a few bob please click the link below and say thanks to Bob by supporting his fundraising.

He doesn't know I'm doing this - neither do my fellow mods - so fire me guys!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sudden-death-of-maurine-awino?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B4803-donation-alert-v5

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Many thanks for this post and kind words Kevin, it's very much appreciated.

Just so that people are aware Maurine was a 31 year old nursery teacher at the school that we helped establish in the slums of Nairobi. She was 8 months pregnant when she suffered with pre eclampsia and died after 4 days in hospital. Sadly they weren't able to save her unborn little boy. Their bodies remain in a mortuary in Nairobi and if the hospital and mortuary bills aren't paid after a few months they will receive a paupers burial in a mass grave. Her family have nothing so we're trying our hardest to make sure that both mother and baby have decent burials.

Thanks to those of you have donated.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Why on Earth would your fellow Mods ‘fire’ you for this Kev?

Geddon! We should support Bob on this!

I’ll stick £50 from PASOTI coffers. :thumbup:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
No-one should be buried in a paupers grave, give a little or give a lot but let`s give them a dignified send off.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
Let's show appreciation to Bob and Steve in this very sad appeal and give this lady and her baby a dignified burial.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Beware of that GoFundMe 'tipping' trick. That's not on! Just scroll down and change it to £0 like I did, cheeky sods! :furious:

Just for clarity this is Bob (Wright's) charity, and has nothing to do with Steve.

Kevin, I moved this back to a sticky as I've found they do better than 'Global' stuff. :thumbup:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":1d1d5pr3 said:
Beware of that GoFundMe 'tipping' trick. That's not on! Just scroll down and change it to £0 like I did, cheeky sods! :furious:

Just for clarity this is Bob (Wright's) charity, and has nothing to do with Steve.

Kevin, I moved this back to a sticky as I've found they do better than 'Global' stuff. :thumbup:

Would it be worth asking Steve what his nominated charity might be? :think:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You just have Chris. :greensmile:

I'm sure Steve will love the idea that Bob's charity is gaining from this, my only point was that Steve isn't involved with this one, if you see what I mean. :thumbup:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":3uspsdqu said:
You just have Chris. :greensmile:

I'm sure Steve will love the idea that Bob's charity is gaining from this, my only point was that Steve isn't involved with this one, if you see what I mean. :thumbup:

Ok fair enough. :thumbup:

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":3hc5w74d said:
Absolutely. Completely. 100%.

This actually crossed my mind when I published the latest set on Sunday, but I was slow to act and then Kev came up with the suggestion, so all was well. But I should have posted my support on this thread then and there, but sorry, again I've been slow.

This is a very important charity for Bob, and just to be clear, he doesn't just support it, he's actively involved in running it, and I have no hesitation in giving my wholehearted support for Kev's suggestion. I haven't asked for anything money-wise for many years, but I do think this is a perfect way for people to show their appreciation, not just for Bob's considerable contribution to the redevelopment pages, but should you feel so inclined, for Greens on Screen as a whole.

Steve

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Thanks for confirming what I thought would be true Steve, that you support my suggestion.

You are two selfless greens and words are not adequate to express our gratitude.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Having seen all the GoS photos and read Bob's reply to the thread. I would have been shamed not to give. So I have sent a bit.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Keepitgreen":3afekta2 said:
Many thanks for this post and kind words Kevin, it's very much appreciated.

Just so that people are aware Maurine was a 31 year old nursery teacher at the school that we helped establish in the slums of Nairobi. She was 8 months pregnant when she suffered with pre eclampsia and died after 4 days in hospital. Sadly they weren't able to save her unborn little boy. Their bodies remain in a mortuary in Nairobi and if the hospital and mortuary bills aren't paid after a few months they will receive a paupers burial in a mass grave. Her family have nothing so we're trying our hardest to make sure that both mother and baby have decent burials.

Thanks to those of you have donated.
I don’t like this ‘gofundme’ thing but will be happy to give you cash for your charity at Senior Greens on Thursday.
Your efforts over the duration of the development have been appreciated by thousands of Argyle supporters and this is a splendid initiative suggested by Argylegames.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
As an exile, I am very reliant on blokes like Bob and Steve to keep me up to date with the goings on with the grandstand.

I have followed all your posts Bob, regarding the charity and I am simply amazed at the amount of work that you put into it.

I wish you good luck with the school and really can't thank you and Steve enough for the fabulous pictures that you have provided week in, week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.