Morning all (extendable tunnel) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Morning all (extendable tunnel)

Morning lads/lasses, just a quick question.
Am I right in thinking that there is to be an extendable tunnel from the dressing rooms..Think I read it somewhere but wasn't 100% sure.

BTW feel free to merge/delete this post if its been covered elsewhere

Laido

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Jon Back said he was negotiating with GLE for them to supply one, heard nothing since.

I would imagine there will be one though.

Saying that I always thought there was going to be a scoreboard, but I'm not so sure now.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
IJN":1e79aacv said:
Jon Back said he was negotiating with GLE for them to supply one, heard nothing since.

Saying that I always thought there was going to be a scoreboard, but I'm not so sure now.

I always understood the point of having thye tunnel was to ensure that when the teams emerge from the dressing rooms they would be a) nearer the home fans that the away fans and b) visible to the home fans before they could be seen by the away fans.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
IJN":1kpm5cz8 said:

I know which one the vast majority of fans would prefer! It just seems so odd (not to mention such a pity) to not have a scoreboard installed after all the updating HP has seen recently. :thumbdown:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
From what I've heard from various sources it's down to where it can be sited.

Where could it be seen by all?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
IJN":18wfbku9 said:
From what I've heard from various sources it's down to where it can be sited.

Where could it be seen by all?

That must only mean the grandstand then ? Surely on top of the safety but could be seen by most ? Or on top of the changing rooms roof ?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
A small one on both the BPE and Devonport ends?

Or if can only have one, the BPE as more home fans can see it.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Ross":20l74vf3 said:
I dread to think how much money would be wasted on a scoreboard

Any modern sports stadium will have these and we should be no different.

Rather than just being a basic scoreboard it should be an information board. It would also offer the possibility of generating additional income through advertising.

However, I would rather Argyle wait until we can afford decent boards rather put up something on the cheap which doesnt actually add to the overall impression of Home Park.

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
If they can't afford a full size scoreboard i dont see why they cant get the electronic advertising boards around the pitch and display it this way (check my thread) it would look nice and modern too, ive seen this alot in other grounds

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
argyleforever":190yzc6v said:
If they can't afford a full size scoreboard i dont see why they cant get the electronic advertising boards around the pitch and display it this way (check my thread) it would look nice and modern too, ive seen this alot in other grounds

Electronic boards only really earn anything if they're regularly on TV. I don't think the highlights on Quest would really entice the sponsors in.

Do many other L2 (or L1) clubs have electronic ad boards?