Sad to say, no grandstand photos last weekend, but ... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sad to say, no grandstand photos last weekend, but ...

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Bob's been taking photos as usual this week, but I heard this afternoon that the club has now placed a publishing embargo on grandstand photos until further notice. When that will be, I don't yet know, but hopefully it won't be long.

We can continue to take photos and of course we will, but I can't yet say when they'll go on Greens on Screen. This isn't just aimed at GoS by the way; it applies to all visitors to the site, including the media and contractors.

It's disappointing but we've been half-expecting it for some time, so perhaps we're fortunate it didn't come weeks ago.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
7KBBKwb.jpg

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
After 8000 plus photies I can`t help but think horses and stable doors. :twisted:

S

swendies

Ridiculous decision, whose idea was this? Come on Argyle, own up.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Have to say I've been expecting this, the same thing happened with the GTs building. I was expecting it to have occurred a few weeks ago, once the final fit out began, if I'm honest

A big thanks to both yourself and Bob for all the photos over the past year/18 months. They have been a real pleasure to view.

:nworthy: :nworthy: :nworthy:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
swendies":39hshoi0 said:

Why? They’ve provided pretty incredible access to every part of the development to GoS and others, which they had no obligation to do.

Now as the grand unveiling nears, the (literally) behind the scenes stuff becomes a tad more secretive ahead of a big reveal.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
kernow19":20ajlpe0 said:
swendies":20ajlpe0 said:

Jon Back for sure. He seems to get blamed for everything else on here. :sigh:

I suspect it'll be the publicity department wanting to keep everything under wraps until they can do their thing.

Steve said Bob is still photographing, just that they aren't allowed to publish yet.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
A bitter sweet sign this.

Has been a real treat on Sundays to look through the photos every week and the club have been fantastic allowing Bob and Steve in to take them.

But there was always going to be an end and it seems we've got there.

Now to find something else to do on Sunday afternoons

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Willis88":1iy5a1q7 said:
A bitter sweet sign this.

Has been a real treat on Sundays to look through the photos every week and the club have been fantastic allowing Bob and Steve in to take them.

But there was always going to be an end and it seems we've got there.

Now to find something else to do on Sunday afternoons

Couldn't agree more. No conspiracy; no anti-fan decision just a straightforward commercial act to avoid any grand opening spoiler. We will get to see them soon so perhaps one more Sunday afternoon's 'pleasure' ;)

Jun 25, 2019
Oh No, and there I was itching to see the Tarps taken off the Padded Seats!

Perhaps there is a big surprise and next time there will be a 'feature' in Bobbys Garden, New Astroturf on the Lyndhurst side, and the Lamp post (er floodlight) will be gone and we'll have floodlights on top of the Demport.

I'll miss my weekly fix of Pics.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All I hope is the club don’t fo what they did for the changing room reveal.

There was a GoS embargo then we had a could of old scabby photos in the Herald.

Let’s have a decent ‘reveal’ and not one that falls below the GoS standards that is online fans have become used to.

May 16, 2016
IJN":2otstut2 said:
All I hope is the club don’t fo what they did for the changing room reveal.

There was a GoS embargo then we had a could have old scabby photos in the Herald.

Let’s have a decent ‘reveal’ and not one that falls below the GoS standards that is online fans have become used to.

Has there actually been a Grand Reveal of the Changing Rooms ? I've seen pics of the Home but not the Away ones or whatever else is inside the building.

Would have been nice to see the finished product having know it since it was a Trench and some Marking Out Spray.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
This embargo seems completely fair enough to me. It’s quite understandable that the club wants to make all of the finishing touches and then do a final official reveal themselves.